Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this weekend some grime on the sidestand bracket and a little bit on the left engine case. The vast majority of it seems to be on the sidestand bracket, shifter, and passenger peg. I sprayed it with a bit of WD-40 and what didn't run off on its own wiped off easily.

I removed the charcoal canister and ran the fuel vent line down to the bottom of the bike and the end of the tubing is level with the sidestand bracket and about as far forward as the forward-most part of the oil sump.

Do you think this might be excessive fuel (I am notorious for filling the tank AT LEAST to the filler neck) or might I have a bit of an oil leak somewhere?

Thoughts an opinions are appreciated. Except the bit about over-filling the tank; I know I need to watch that. Oil level is just below the top mark on the sight glass.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I had a couple of bolts on the case that needed a shot of gasket maker inside the bolt hole to seal up some very minor leaking. The leaking was at the bolt hole and would eventually wash across the case in between clean ups. Not a big deal and it certainly wouldn't result in substantial oil loss.

I too get a low of buildup around the front sprocket and kickstand from the chain. This, however, does not clean up so easily.

Out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts