Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, at the moment..I am installing my LV Cat Delete pipe. I noticed there was some oil residue near the front cylinder head where the header pipe goes. I accidentally put too much oil in my 796 a couple of weeks ago but didnt think anything of it.

When I took off the stock header, there wasn't any oil residue inside the cylinder hole or exhaust. So I'm thinking it came from the oil filter? Do I have anything to worry about?

Also...which bolt under the engine is the oil drain plug..I obviously need to drain some oil today...please let me know what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
12,416 Posts
A manual is a wonderful thing...
Study it often and read it time and time again...
Look for other things while you are at it.. anything and everything...
I'm sure someone will inform you about the drain plug, Some may loosen the oil filter (Clean first ) and let some dribble out....:)
PAY ATTENTION!!!;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've actually been searching the manual all morning...manual only tells you about the oil level but nothing on where the oil drain plug is or how to change the oil...unless I havent been looking hard enough.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
There is an easier way. Take a syringe, 60cc slip tip if you can find it and a piece of tubing. Put tubing down the oil filler hole and suck some oil out with the syringe. Don't drop tubing into case. As for the plug, on the 08 1100 model it is on the bottom of the case towards the rear visible lying on your back looking up at the engine, not sure about 796. Careful not to over tighten when torquing it back down.

·
Registered
757 Posts
saw one small plug right at the bottom. i think that's the one. near centre. i was actually wondering about that one.

·
Premium Member
12,416 Posts
The service manual is your friend , has all the PROPER data torques and relevent pics .
The how tos and what nots ...
Gives you some confidence in being able to do it properly...
Open to interpetation of course....
Happy Motoring!!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Except the Italians aren't the best with making manuals. It doesn't show where the bolt is. It just shows the bolt. Ü

1 - 9 of 9 Posts