Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

i changed the oil and filters this summer and have a leak at what the pre-filter (the long one that is on the side). Of course i did not have the right gasket at the time, which i have now.
2 quick questions;
- can i open it, and let the oil go from there rather than doing it from the bottom? the oil is nearly new so i would re-use it anyway.
- it is a 21mm bolt: any idea about the torque? like gentle/strong/push as hard as you can....

thanks....

Laurent

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Lean the bike over onto the LH side and you can remove it without losing any oil...

Torque setting is 40-45nm or 29-33lb/ft.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Did you change the crush washer under the strainer (what a 'pre-filter is really called!). This washer should really be changed every time but you can usually get away with using it several times. A THIN smear of silicon helps too. :smile2:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I lost some oil removing the pre filter.... Like 300cc. I replaced the crush washer and it was all good, except that I had a second leak at the filter... It was not tight enough, I did it by hand but there is not enough grip. Lessons learned, thanks for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts