Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the torque spec for the 10x1.0 oil hose banjo (pipe union) bolts at the alternator cover and cylinders? I suspect it must be less than 20Nm since I sheared one of the banjo's. Fortunately, case threads appear in tact. Can't find the value in either the Haynes or Ducati service manuals, though the Haynes manual gave the useful instruction to "tighten the union bolts securely".:mad: Thanks.

·
Registered
536 Posts
the brake hose banjo's are similar in design...their torque is 17-20 Nm according to Haynes....thats probably good enough.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the brake hose banjo's are similar in design...their torque is 17-20 Nm according to Haynes....thats probably good enough.
Thanks for your reply, but as I stated originally, I sheared the banjo bolt before I got to 20Nm, so I am a little apprehensive doing that again.

The Ducati Workshop manual states torque values the following components: Brake caliper union (with gasket): 13~17Nm; Hydraulic clutch pipes union: 7.8~9.8Nm. Maybe I should just use the average of these spec's? :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts