Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[Asbestos]

Now, this isn't another oil filter thread, but more of a question.

Does anybody know where a guy might pick up a threaded adapter to change from one oil filter pitch to another? I'd like to explore the possibility of changing the ducati style filter to a more common and more available style.

Why?

Well I'm a KLR owner and as some of you with KLRs may know, there are some of us that can't leave well enough alone and want to modify every damn thing under the sun. I'm doing some research and hope to have something in the next month.

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
[Asbestos]

Now, this isn't another oil filter thread, but more of a question.

Does anybody know where a guy might pick up a threaded adapter to change from one oil filter pitch to another? I'd like to explore the possibility of changing the ducati style filter to a more common and more available style.

Why?

Well I'm a KLR owner and as some of you with KLRs may know, there are some of us that can't leave well enough alone and want to modify every damn thing under the sun. I'm doing some research and hope to have something in the next month.
Don't do it. Just buy several filters at a time. You can order K&N filters or HiFlo filters online from just about anywhere. Or you can get a stainless mesh filter that you can clean and reuse.

There are plenty of other things that are more worthwhile to modify. Besides, your warranty would probably be void if you messed with the oil filter.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Like playing with oil filters? I use the one from www.gopurepower.com I'v use this filter on many of my other bikes, WORKS SUPER! a little pricy, but is easier to clean (both end caps on the element can be removed, not just one) & has a smaller micron rating than the other SS filters, on a side note, this filter is TALLER so it sticks out the bottom a couple of inches, for me this is no problem as the oil capacity is a little larger, and the aluminum filter housing gets extra cooling. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Like playing with oil filters? I use the one from www.gopurepower.com I'v use this filter on many of my other bikes, WORKS SUPER! a little pricy, but is easier to clean (both end caps on the element can be removed, not just one) & has a smaller micron rating than the other SS filters, on a side note, this filter is TALLER so it sticks out the bottom a couple of inches, for me this is no problem as the oil capacity is a little larger, and the aluminum filter housing gets extra cooling. Aloha Alex
Sorry I forgot to put in the ".com" now the websight works. Aloha Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts