Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2020 Hyper 950 sp
I am about to do my 3000 mile oil change and need a little help..
Which drain plug is the one I need to use, since I have two.
There is one just under the mesh filter on right side , and one on the left side under the case?
I was planning on just using the one under the mesh filter with the bike on a stand, will this empty all the oil?

Why are there two drain plugs?. Is it if the bike is on a stand, straight upright vs the kickstand leaning?

The torque for the drain plug is 20nm correct ? Is this the same for both drain plugs?

Thanks..

·
Registered
194 Posts
The smaller bolt towards the middle (left case) is the one to remove....it should have a copper washer. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The smaller bolt towards the middle (left case) is the one to remove....it should have a copper washer. :)
Why is it that on videos I’ve seen , nobody uses the small one. It seems like everyone on video’s is using the one on right side??

·
Registered
194 Posts
Honestly not sure...think it may come off along with the filter screen cap on the side case during major service.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Oh and when I took mine out it did have some sealing thread compound on the threads so it's not meant to be taken out for every oil change.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just spoke to a Ducati mechanic that said not to mess with the drain plug under the mesh filter. He said it has a sealer that is hard to seal once Brocken. He said it is a factory installed plug that should only be used by mechanics only if needed.
So basically stay away from that one.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yep! Although truth be told I removed mine and put it back in without any issue at all. No leaks.....but it stays in now, lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts