Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a leak on the oil cooler for my 748, can I get this fixed or do I need a new one ,if so will any others fit.

Sent from my LT18i using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Take it to a radiator shop and they will let you know if it can be fixed. If you want, you can just take the cooler off and buy the OEM oil line for the 748. The 748 did not come stock with an oil cooler.

Are you sure it's not just the line cracked at the fitting?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Take it to a radiator shop and they will let you know if it can be fixed. If you want, you can just take the cooler off and buy the OEM oil line for the 748. The 748 did not come stock with an oil cooler.

If you do decide not to use a cooler, you'll need to remove the butterfly spring thats underneath the nipple of the oil filter nut.....that bypasses the passage and forces the oil to the cooler lines......

Your better off finding a new one (fly bay have all sorts of them) as it's better to keep the oil cooler.....

·
Super Duper Member
433 Posts

If it is one of the SP, SPS, or R variants I believe they did come with an oil cooler. 2nd the radiator shop idea.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Depends on where it's leaking...I had a leak at the bracket welding on mine. Would have cost as much to fix it as it did to buy a used one on fleabay ($200). It's some soft metal, so find a good shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts