Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...I am a fairly new owner of a 2016 Multistrada 1200 Touring...I am interested to start doing my own oil changes..Anyone out there could provide some tips on how to do this? Videos, links, feedback etc..I love this bike and hope to keep it for a while....Cheers and have fun riding safely...

·
Registered
869 Posts
I do most of the servicing on my own bikes.

for my 1098, 1299 and Multistrada, I buy my oil change kits from Ducati Omaha, good prices and fast delivery https://www.ducatiomaha.com/collections/multistrada-1200/products/ducati-oem-oil-change-kit-manufacturer-recommended

There's not a lot of complexity to changing the oil on Ducati's. I do usually swap out the oil drain plug for an aftermarket one that allows for safety wiring, required by most track day organizers and my 1098 and 1299 see quite a bit of track use.

I also safety wire the oil filter and oil filler cap. For the oil filter, I use a worm clamp (home Depot), see picture below, although not necessary on the Multistrada and other Ducati's these day, but I still have bikes with spin on filters and use this method..

When doing the actual oil change, I usually put an aluminum baking pan below the bike which I actually put my oil catch container in, I always manage to slop some oil somewhere I don't want it and the aluminum pan tends to catch this.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
If you replace the filter with a k&n you have a nut on the bottom with safety wire hole if I remember correctly

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ChrisE....For some reasons I thought I had to take the center stand off the bike to accomplish and oil change on my MS 2016...I need to take a closer look...cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anyone answer where the two rubber hoses sticking out the left side attach to? There’s that small metal hook, but in removing the engine covers, I missed where the hook attaches to.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Can anyone answer where the two rubber hoses sticking out the left side attach to? There’s that small metal hook, but in removing the engine covers, I missed where the hook attaches to.
One of the screws that holds the lower aloy guard on passes through the metal hook/loop, and the hoses pass through the metal loop poking through the gap in the aloy guards. (2010-2014) i had the same problem when i pulled mine apart. Its fiddly to work it out, but there is a smaller hole in the metal hook which a screw passes through. Good luck:smile2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi guys! does anyone know where to find the connector to reset the service oil warning????

Where is located??

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi guys! does anyone know where to find the connector to reset the service oil warning????

Where is located??

Thanks
as far as i am aware it can only be reset using the ducati computer and there are no aftermarket things like the GS-911 (for BMW R1200GS) that do it for the 1260 at least..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts