Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a lot of posts and this is what I gathered. I have a 06 sc 1000 which has the dry clutch

*engine oil*
Mobil 1 full synthetic 10w40. What I wondered is can I use the big jug at Walmart that is like $24 for 5qt? It says 'high mileage' motorcycle. The bike has a dry clutch so not sure why I would need to consider motorcycle oil which typically is for wet clutch apps.

*Brake*
ATE sl and super blue. Seems the blue is higher rated but I hear they are different colors so I can tell when I have fully flushed right? Other than that, I can't see reason in switching between types?

*clutch*
Not sure.

So I searched Cycle Gear, Escondido Cycle Center and North County Yamaha and none of them carry ATE fluid. They did have the RBF600. So if I gotta order online other than say motorcycle superstore and the like, any recommendations?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hmm, just opinion from me. I use 5.1 Motorex for my brake and clutch, though many people say any DOT 4 or 5.1 is sufficient. DO NOT use 5. I picked my Motorex up at the local BMW motorcycle dealer. http://www.motorex.com/index.cfm?oid=1147&lang=en
Motul 20/50 (it's red) for motor. The 15-50 works well too in temperate climates (summer in Northern Virginia gets hot). Clutch and brake fluid is the same, used for both systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts