Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Any oil and filter recommendations for a 1997 Ducati 748, in Tennessee (where the summers are 80-90 degree temps)? Thanks in advance!

Registered
You opened up a can of worms...馃槉馃槉馃槉馃槉馃槉馃槉. Everyone has their favorite... I use synthetic Amsoil 20/50 and their filter. I'm in Virginia so hot and humid as well. At the end of the day use just about any decent motorcycle oil (10/40 or 20/50), change it as scheduled and you will be fine. Most people don't like the KN filters.....

Standard oil or synthetic.... your choice and price based. Get a "motorcycle designated oil" and ride on.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
You opened up a can of worms...馃槉馃槉馃槉馃槉馃槉馃槉. Everyone has their favorite... I use synthetic Amsoil 20/50 and their filter. I'm in Virginia so hot and humid as well. At the end of the day use just about any decent motorcycle oil (10/40 or 20/50), change it as scheduled and you will be fine. Most people don't like the KN filters.....

Standard oil or synthetic.... your choice and price based. Get a "motorcycle designated oil" and ride on.
Yeah, I have used Amsoil in one of my race cars. I was thinking Amsoil or Royal Purple. I might give them a shot in the bike, too. I don't have any experiences with K&N oil filters, but have run their air filters, and have had no complaints. I might look at what is rated highest on the market. Thanks for the info! Ride safe!

Registered
Ok.... not an Amsoil fanatic, however I ran it in my roadracer for several years under extreme conditions. Performed excellent. I like it. Buy what you want to. Please disregard the Amsoil lies. Pretty sure the viscosity numbers are made up.

Registered
Personally I've been a fan of the Klotz synthetic oil, and just the typical plain Jane K&N filters as they usually have a hex head to allow you to easily torque it (for those that care)!

In any case, just always make sure you get oil rated for a wet clutch if yours is one!

Check out Klotz here: http://www.klotzlube.com/motorcycle.html

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts