Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where to find the part # for the Ohlins Superbike valving for the 749/999's? I'd like to have the #parts for all the thing rquired to put the SBK valving on the 999.

Or can anyone point me out on where to buy then on the internet?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm not discharging the idea of buying from the US (i'm in EU) or even contacting Ohlins USA again (i bought a shock for the MV from them), but i would like to just buy online and see the parts myself (picture) before i buy.

BTW have you done this sbk valve upgrade on yours?

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
http://www.kyleusa.com/

I recommend to call up Dan Kyle. He is the largest US Ohlins distributor and can get you the parts you need.

Also, rather than getting the Ohlins valving, ask him for his custom valving that he offers that is just as good as the Ohlins and cost significantly less. I was at his shop last year to get the Ohlins valving done on my Ohlins forks and rather than taking my money to have the Ohlins installed, he suggested to just install his valve kit and save myself $500.

-Carlo

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have the box sitting here on my desk. 03200-25 for just the shim stacks and 03200-27 comes with all new valves, three sets of springs and the stacks. The 03200-27 also has the mid valve.

I was talking with Matt Carr just a couple of days ago about this. I put the -25 kit in my Aprilia but think i will spring for the -27 in the Duc. (she is such a spoiled bitch)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I didn't think about it at the time but if you have Showa forks you need the 03200-20 kit.

As for where to buy them, Ducati Indianapolis:)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the box sitting here on my desk. 03200-25 for just the shim stacks and 03200-27 comes with all new valves, three sets of springs and the stacks. The 03200-27 also has the mid valve.

I was talking with Matt Carr just a couple of days ago about this. I put the -25 kit in my Aprilia but think i will spring for the -27 in the Duc. (she is such a spoiled bitch)
Thanks everyone!

Chris i checked the ohlins site but couldn't find anything with the 03200-27 reference. Is that the part number for the kit? And are the 25 or 27 references related to mm?

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, it is just a part number.

http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=O 03200-27

You can see the -25 kit here:

http://performanceshock.com/Ohlins_mc_RT.pdf

and it looks like I was wrong about the 20mm showa stuff, the PN for that kit is 03200-01.

Expect to pay 330-410 for the -25 kit. MSRP is 400, when I called around some shops were asking 410 for it even though they didn't have it in stock and needed to order it, kind of pissed me off, AF1 was one of them.
Thanks a lot Chris :cool:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back to the topic.

Ok, i'm having some doubts about ordering the correct kit.

In this link that Chris posted http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ProductInf...d=O%2003200-27 seems that the 03200-27 kit that includes springs is only for the 1098S/R

Does anyone know if it's really like that, or does this kit can be used on a 749R front fork?
Is it's only for the 1098S/R is that because of the springs alone (that are different) or are the valves different also?

Thanks

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
As I mentioned previously, I recommend giving Dan Kyle a call. He can get you the correct part numbers you need.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear you. But i'm in europe and plan to get the kit here and besides the long distance call i'm not sure he would be very pleased to give me that info if i'm not buying from him.
If i can get the information i want this way it will be much simpler.

·
Registered
463 Posts
It is the right kit, pinky swear! lol

The fork springs work in all kinds of stuff, nearly all if not all Ohlins and some Jap bikes. I was at one of my mechanics today taking the springs out of my Aprilia and putting in the stock Aprilia springs since I sold it to a 150 pound guy. He is picking the bike up tomorrow.

The -27 kit is also what we are putting in my 999r. The info is accurate.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Also, look at the title: FG Piston and Spring Kit (1098 & RT upgrade kit)

YOU HAVE R&T, ROAD AND TRACK FORKS.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Here you go:
http://www.ohlins.com/Our-products/Motorcycle/Products/Hypersport/FG-314/
That's everything Ohlins lists for the 999. You should be able to find whatever you need from there.
Also, for buying them online, I'd just type in what it is you want, ie "ohlins fork kits" and you should be able to see anyone that's ever said anything about them online.
I second that... many online dealers for Ohlins schwag. My '03 999 was transformed by the Ohlins R&T forks w/ Superbike internals.

Ohlins site has their part numbers for the forks, shocks, springs, and the Superbike internals, but if i read the original poster right, they won't likely give you the inside scoop on buying their bits and showing you how to build up your own assemblies. Besides, if you've ever priced individual ohlins bits (fork caps, damper mounts...) you 'll soon see its cheaper to buy a complete assembly from them.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is the right kit, pinky swear! lol

The fork springs work in all kinds of stuff, nearly all if not all Ohlins and some Jap bikes. I was at one of my mechanics today taking the springs out of my Aprilia and putting in the stock Aprilia springs since I sold it to a 150 pound guy. He is picking the bike up tomorrow.

The -27 kit is also what we are putting in my 999r. The info is accurate.
Lol, i'm not saying you're lying :D
It just bugs me why then the 27 kit is always announced has being for the 1098's :confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts