Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MotoWheels now has the Ohlins Streetfighter Damper Kits ready for sale, the kit has been perfected and now offered to the public. As always log in as a member on motowheels to receive discounts.

Retail is $449.95
Ohlins wont permit member pricing posted (but it's good)

Here is the link to the website

·
Registered
102 Posts
Retail is $449.95
Ohlins wont permit member pricing posted (but it's good)
I went to the link, but the only price listed is the retail price. What am I missing?:think:

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guido.

Sign up under the log-in box in the Products section for passwords. You'll be able to access the discounts once you log on.

We have all the hardware kits in stock. We are waiting for the Ohlins dampers to land. They should be here late next week.

-M

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks indeed. Good discount, too. Cheaper than the Arrow or the other one out there..Or can't I say that??

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Any color options or just silver?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well, I installed one of the Motowheels kits for the Ohlins steering damper over the weekend. In terms of fitting the kit, the only issue that arose is that with my Renthal 814 bar, the damper plunger is too long and hits the bar in full lock to the Right. I don't really want to move the fork turning stops, as the bike has a large turning radius as it is. One possible solution is to shorten the plunger by removing a few cm of it, which I'm considering. Another is to raise the damper tube on it's pivoting mount. I did this with some closed cell adhesive weather stripping, and it now is elevated above the Renthal bar, so it doesn't interfere. I've ordered some Delrin strips, which I will try to mount as a more permanent elevated bearing surface for the damper on it's mounting bar. If someone needs them to visualize what I've done, I can upload some photos.

On the plus side, the Ohlins damper gives an immediate improvement in the sense of stability of the SFS at high speed on some of the rough secondary roads in my area. The change is dramatic, and gives a feeling of great confidence. I set the damper to the initial recommended setting of 10 clicks CCW from fully closed, and it is fine around town, and gives that great improvement at high speed. I'm very happy with it, in spite of the fitting issues.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I'm just wondering how the fitting would be with the Rizoma bar

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm just wondering how the fitting would be with the Rizoma bar
Works fine - I have the Ohlings damper and the Rizoma bars - just need to adjust your steering by about 1mm. This has very little impact and you can still do U turns.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Well, I installed one of the Motowheels kits for the Ohlins steering damper over the weekend. In terms of fitting the kit, the only issue that arose is that with my Renthal 814 bar, the damper plunger is too long and hits the bar in full lock to the Right. I don't really want to move the fork turning stops, as the bike has a large turning radius as it is. One possible solution is to shorten the plunger by removing a few cm of it, which I'm considering. Another is to raise the damper tube on it's pivoting mount. I did this with some closed cell adhesive weather stripping, and it now is elevated above the Renthal bar, so it doesn't interfere. I've ordered some Delrin strips, which I will try to mount as a more permanent elevated bearing surface for the damper on it's mounting bar. If someone needs them to visualize what I've done, I can upload some photos.

On the plus side, the Ohlins damper gives an immediate improvement in the sense of stability of the SFS at high speed on some of the rough secondary roads in my area. The change is dramatic, and gives a feeling of great confidence. I set the damper to the initial recommended setting of 10 clicks CCW from fully closed, and it is fine around town, and gives that great improvement at high speed. I'm very happy with it, in spite of the fitting issues.
Can you please post some pic's of this?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here are some photos of my Ohlins damper installation, sourced from Motowheels. I temporarily added a block of closed cell foam weatherstrip under the damper on the mounting shelf to elevate the damper rod enough to miss my Renthal 814 bar in right full lock. I will either adjust the stops of the fork, or will mount a more permanent Delrin bearing surface for the damper:

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here are some photos of my Ohlins damper installation, sourced from Motowheels. I temporarily added a block of closed cell foam weatherstrip under the damper on the mounting shelf to elevate the damper rod enough to miss my Renthal 814 bar in right full lock. I will either adjust the stops of the fork, or will mount a more permanent Delrin bearing surface for the damper:
I suggest adjusting the steering stop. The adjustment hardly makes a difference and will help the bars stay clear of the damper. It's roughly 1mm adjustment that is required.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Does the damper...

bounce around while you are riding?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not with the little rubber pad under it, but I'll be interested to see once I adjust the steering stops. I'll let you know.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts