Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an Ohlins rear for my 99 SS (thanks Desmond!). :yeah:

Could someone post adjustment settings for this shock? Per the manual (baseline) and / or your settings? I'm 155 lbs without gear, probably 180 lbs fully dressed.

Thanks

Ken

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll start with the factory settings - no other ideas?

·
Registered
709 Posts
wish I could help you, but I'm running a penske on my '99.

pm SBI, I think they are ohlins distributors...maybe they can give you a baseline for your weight [provided you have the correct spring]

·
Registered
722 Posts
I may have the spec sheet for that shock or i could give you the factory settings. If you want to send me the shock number, I will get the info to you. To start put the adjusters in the mid point. Go fron there. The Ohlins has a lot of adjustment range. Ret the sag set correctly too. The shock number is going to look like #DU####

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies blade625CT and NCRick. I downloaded the manual from Ducati's website so I now know the factory starting points. Rick, the number is DU0100. Any further suggestions are appreciated.

I'm not too aggressive a rider; what can I expect to find different with this shock vs. the Showa? I know, I know, get out and ride it, right? :think:

Thanks again.

Ken

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Rick:

I'm 155 lbs without gear, probably 175 - 180 lbs fully dressed. The spring no. is 1106-02 L441. This came off a bike with a little under 6k miles, which is right around where mine is. I will set up the static height and sag etc. when I put this shock on the bike.

Thanks

Ken

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a Ohlins 46PRCL on my bike and would like to know what the Factory Setting is since all adjustments are supposed to start from there.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Any updates on this thread please - especially what addition ride height owners have tried / dialed in ?

Cheers - Frank

·
Registered
379 Posts
14 clicks out on compression
10 clicks out on rebound

I run 16 & 11 respectively on our bumpy roads - on an 800ss. Most Ohlins use 14/10. I can't remember my spring rate, but I'll look in the garage tomorrow if I remember.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks Nige, I have a feeling my WP will be up for sale soon :)

Cheers - Frank

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi Nidge,

Even after having the WP Shock rebuilt, I'm not overly impressed with it.

AND despite their best efforts it couldnt be rebuilt with a ride height adjuster, so I've bought a nice low milage one specifically for my year from Ebay.

I'm just waiting for my early birthday present to myself to arrive (hydraulic bike workbench) and I'll be getting it installed!

Cheers - Frank

·
Registered
375 Posts
I hope this isn't considered a threadjack, but I'm using the Ohlins 46PRCL also on my '98 900CR and am trying to determine what spring rate I need to move up to. It has the .85 spring that shipped with the shock, but I'm about 205lbs with gear on now and the spring seems too soft. I'd appreciate any input regarding the .90 or .95 spring if anyone has used it. Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
665 Posts
One thing I haven't been able to find yet, is the maximum range of settings for compression and rebound...

Does any of you guys know that information?

I'm not reffering to the standard settings (already mentioned above) but at how many "clicks" out are the softest settings... :think::think:

:cool:

·
Registered
665 Posts
ENGAKATS said:
One thing I haven't been able to find yet, is the maximum range of settings for compression and rebound...

Does any of you guys know that information?

I'm not reffering to the standard settings (already mentioned above) but at how many "clicks" out are the softest settings... :think::think:

:cool:
any answers on this guys?? :confused::confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts