Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I recently purchased a set of used Ohlins front forks from a 2010 1198 S. I just want to confirm they will fit my 2011 1098 Streetfighter and/or if they are direct replacements, need any other parts, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Jonathan

·
Bon Vivant
11,300 Posts
If you have a non-S the legs will not fit the standard SF triple clamp, the SBK triple has a different offset and rake and will not fit the SF. You will have to find a set of SFS tripples and even then I'm not sure the leg design and dimensions are the same.

The SBK and the SF are relatives but they are not "parts shelf" bikes, the two are very different. I cant think of anything from the SBK that will fit the SF without some modification.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have a non-S the legs will not fit the standard SF triple clamp, the SBK triple has a different offset and rake and will not fit the SF. You will have to find a set of SFS tripples and even then I'm not sure the leg design and dimensions are the same.

The SBK and the SF are relatives but they are not "parts shelf" bikes, the two are very different. I cant think of anything from the SBK that will fit the SF without some modification.
Well it looks like I might have some forks for sale pretty soon then...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was just hoping for a quick swap, doesn’t look like that is going to happen. Rather just part with them.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Anyone know if the Ohlins front forks off a Streetfighter S is a direct replacement?
As @flynbulldog stated above, the "s" forks are not a direct swap into a non-"s" Streetfighter. The diameters are different between the Showa forks on a non-"s" and the Ohlins forks on the "s" models.

Measure the forks carefully and you will see the difference.

The easy answer is to go to eBay and look for a set of "s" triple clamps - they should be cheaper than the Ohlins fork tubes you bought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts