Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to upgrade my forks to Ohlin's...has anybody done this? Can I use the forks off a 1098s or do I have to buy the specific forks that are for the Sport Classic? Anybody have any information on this?

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link...I even liked the smart ass little message in the page..made me laugh

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I put R&T ohlins for a S4r monster on. Bolt right up. Magnificent--check out my thread on thunderhill. Only issue is that the fender mounts are now for a monster, not a SC. Money well spent.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Ah good you have a sense of humour.

Welcome.

My smartarse point was there's a wealth of info on the Sport Classic suspension on the forum, have a look around then ask more specific questions if you have them.
People have used forks off other bikes, I think the main issue is our triple clamps. Monsters and ST forks fit right on.
I used ST4S forks and had Ohlins cartridges fitted.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Yes Get Ohlins!

I put on the Ducati Ohlins forks, their the ones that go on the Paul Smart GREAT I got the rear shocks from Ohlins called "new Blue" they look better than the made for Ducati Ohlins version.
I got them all from Pro Italia; but I can not recommend them at this time (dispute)

This made the bike.... it was cool before but with a good suspension it is a fantastic bike.
I also recommend Termis and 14;40 gearing ... it's PURFECT now....

09 Ducati GT1000 Black and Gold; 14:40 with Ohlins F&R, Termis & Rizoma bling
95 Ducati SS 900 CR Red; 15:41 my new project…
81 Yamaha SR 500 total cafe project bike

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, I have the Termi 2-1 on it now looking to upgrade the suspension...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Did you just pick up your SC? Post a pic up if you have one. I see that you are just south of me.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, we live right on the city limits...Bought it a couple months ago, have been riding it mainly around the city but I was able to sneak out and get into the foothills a couple times... Added some pics to the Gallery....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts