Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here knows what the markup is on a complete Ohlins fork for the Hyper by any chance?

I'm in europe right now and there's a shop that has it in stock and is willing to negotiate the price with me. They have it for 1800 Euros (no VAT for me, its 2300 EUR for the locals). I'm wondering if I can go down to 1500 Euros. I don't want to overpay but I don't want to come across as insulting either, if you know what I mean...

I don't really need that fork, but one of my stanchions is damaged and the part costs 460 Eur / $660 so I'm just weighting the replacing part and labor versus getting the Ohlins and selling the other one.

Your input is appreciated... and... I'm going to bed now!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Anybody here knows what the markup is on a complete Ohlins fork for the Hyper by any chance?

I'm in europe right now and there's a shop that has it in stock and is willing to negotiate the price with me. They have it for 1800 Euros (no VAT for me, its 2300 EUR for the locals). I'm wondering if I can go down to 1500 Euros. I don't want to overpay but I don't want to come across as insulting either, if you know what I mean...

I don't really need that fork, but one of my stanchions is damaged and the part costs 460 Eur / $660 so I'm just weighting the replacing part and labor versus getting the Ohlins and selling the other one.

Your input is appreciated... and... I'm going to bed now!
Do you have a base or S model - I might have a stanchion (new) in stock and can make you a great deal. I believe I have the base model, but will have to check.

As for the Ohlins fork - do you have the model number? I don't think Ohlins makes a fork that will bolt on direct so you'll need triples as well.

NCR sells an Ohlins fork kit, but they include triples and fork bottoms so you can use your stock rotors, calipers, axle, wheel etc... Definitely check that out before you get too far!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the info...

The forks I'm looking at are complete with the bottoms and triples included, it's a direct bolt-on (they're 46mm instead of 50mm for stock if I remember correctly).
I have a S model so I would need the light gold stanchion but at this price I have to say the Ohlins is very tempting...

Darn, it's nearly 5:30 AM here :eek:

Edit: The forks they have look very much like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120486214657

·
Registered
192 Posts
So did you get them?
Mine look like the ones in the ebay-link as well, got them from the Omnia Racing/Andreani shop a while back when the dollar was stronger for 2000 Euro. I'm sure you could work a deal but 1500 may be a little optimistic. I just figured I wanted a nice set of triples anyway, the Style&Performance triples I was looking at were about $800 so with a return of about $1000 on my S-forks the hit was not as hard.
Good Luck and let us know!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not yet, still thinking it over. You're probably right about 1500 being a tad on the low side.
And thanks very much for your input BTW!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts