this from Ducshop

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Didja forget the link or wuz it pulled?

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Right now Ohlins has a deal going on - TTX shocks and 25mm forks kits for $2k - not sure if that's racers only tho. Includes installation of the fork kits, don't think it includes shipping but not sure on that. They do have the Hyper fork caps in stock along with the kits for the longer forks we've got.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Right now Ohlins has a deal going on - TTX shocks and 25mm forks kits for $2k - not sure if that's racers only tho. Includes installation of the fork kits, don't think it includes shipping but not sure on that. They do have the Hyper fork caps in stock along with the kits for the longer forks we've got.
http://www.ohlinsusa.com/us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101:eek:ehlins-hyper-fgk-kit-and-ttx-shock-deal-for-hyper-sportbikes&catid=1:latest-news

DAM, I really wanted that titanium exhaust shift tech is selling, but this sounds like a better idea for $2k:think:

·
Registered
680 Posts
That deal is for "hyper" sportbikes not the Hypermotard. The Öhlins Hypermotard fork kit is more than just the cap differance and are sold thru Ducshop. We are testing the Hypermotard kit this weekend at Roebling Road then will set the price on them in case there is a change needed, should be right around $1500. There is no TTX for the Hypermotard as far as I know.
We have the sportbike kits in stock too ; ) is a great deal Öhlins is making.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
That deal is for "hyper" sportbikes not the Hypermotard. The Öhlins Hypermotard fork kit is more than just the cap differance and are sold thru Ducshop. We are testing the Hypermotard kit this weekend at Roebling Road then will set the price on them in case there is a change needed, should be right around $1500. There is no TTX for the Hypermotard as far as I know.
We have the sportbike kits in stock too ; ) is a great deal Öhlins is making.
Yeah I got the same email - I would assume if there is a shock for the bike they'd do the same deal. If there's no TTX then obviously not. Oh well.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yeah I got the same email - I would assume if there is a shock for the bike they'd do the same deal. If there's no TTX then obviously not. Oh well.
Since the Hyper kit is not an "out of box" Öhlins part and has to me made in Hendersonville there is labor and other parts involved, I will do a "group buy" price if we get 10 or more deposits in.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Since the Hyper kit is not an "out of box" Öhlins part and has to me made in Hendersonville there is labor and other parts involved, I will do a "group buy" price if we get 10 or more deposits in.
Cool. I think I may just get mine from Mike directly tho :D

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yes, he's the one who built the kit so am sure he will fix you up. We found their mechinist made the caps a milimeter to big so would not go thru the top clamp, I took them apart and spun them down on our lathe so make sure you get the "new" caps. ;)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Yes, he's the one who built the kit so am sure he will fix you up. We found their mechinist made the caps a milimeter to big so would not go thru the top clamp, I took them apart and spun them down on our lathe so make sure you get the "new" caps. ;)
Well I saw Carrot Top walking in the street once...

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Questions, questions....

How much do you think the "group buy price" for the Ohlins fork kit will be?
How long will it take to get back?
Will they supply the right fork springs for the riders weight & ability?
TIA Alex

·
Registered
680 Posts
Like in my earlier post, about $1500 maybe less plus $170 install labor + oil. Unlike the other brand they are pretty easy to install so can DIY if you want. I will test them tomorrow so will know if there are any changes needed. The "kit" from Öhlins has only one spring choice but will see what I can do, they will use a lighter spring than a Superbike because of weight bias, so I'll have little need for all those light springs if they come that way and I have to swap them. Once kits are in my hands then we can install them within a day or two.
How much do you think the "group buy price" for the Ohlins fork kit will be?
How long will it take to get back?
Will they supply the right fork springs for the riders weight & ability?
TIA Alex

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Like in my earlier post, about $1500 maybe less plus $170 install labor + oil. Unlike the other brand they are pretty easy to install so can DIY if you want. I will test them tomorrow so will know if there are any changes needed. The "kit" from Öhlins has only one spring choice but will see what I can do, they will use a lighter spring than a Superbike because of weight bias, so I'll have little need for all those light springs if they come that way and I have to swap them. Once kits are in my hands then we can install them within a day or two.
I will only get a fork kit if it will come with the right springs for rider weight, as a "little" heavier rider :rolleyes: I had to go up 3 springs sizes on the rear Ohlins, but what a difference it made! I would hate to buy a fork kit, only to have to buy stiffer springs again. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
101 Posts
Que?

I will only get a fork kit if it will come with the right springs for rider weight, as a "little" heavier rider :rolleyes: I had to go up 3 springs sizes on the rear Ohlins, but what a difference it made! I would hate to buy a fork kit, only to have to buy stiffer springs again. Aloha Alex
Dearest Alexio.
I feel you are too fast para das Hyper.
Perhaps you can look to a more "sporting" ride? If I finally get my beautiful orange Tuono...

Just a possibility. Chica out.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hi all,

The Hyper Öhlins test went well and did my personal best time at Roebling Road. Did some set-up Sat with a good used Super Corsa III then put a new one on for Sun riding all but one session (had to sample my friends D16, thanks Pete!) and the front tire looked great at the end of the day. I dont have a steering damper and did not feel the need for one. I am 155# and ran .80 springs, gone was the sudden diving under braking and could really feel what the front tire was doing instead of the nervus jitters I felt with the stock internals that I could never tune/adjust out. There was a little sand on the track in one of the back right handers which made the front slide a times but it recovered very well, again having great feel from the front tire.
Our retail price on the kit is $1595 so will do a "group buy" of $1495 to move them quickly (with spring of choice) + labor . Not sure how many base FG138 kits are avail. to make them from so is for how ever long we can get them. We need to get a good idea how many since they have to have caps made so are not ready to ship right now.
We have to take orders at [email protected] contact info and a $200 deposit. We take Visa, MC, AE and Pay Pal

Thanks,
Mark Sutton
www.ducshop.com

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi all,

The Hyper Öhlins test went well and did my personal best time at Roebling Road. Did some set-up Sat with a good used Super Corsa III then put a new one on for Sun riding all but one session (had to sample my friends D16, thanks Pete!) and the front tire looked great at the end of the day. I dont have a steering damper and did not feel the need for one. I am 155# and ran .80 springs, gone was the sudden diving under braking and could really feel what the front tire was doing instead of the nervus jitters I felt with the stock internals that I could never tune/adjust out. There was a little sand on the track in one of the back right handers which made the front slide a times but it recovered very well, again having great feel from the front tire.
Our retail price on the kit is $1595 so will do a "group buy" of $1495 to move them quickly (with spring of choice) + labor . Not sure how many base FG138 kits are avail. to make them from so is for how ever long we can get them. We need to get a good idea how many since they have to have caps made so are not ready to ship right now.
We have to take orders at [email protected] contact info and a $200 deposit. We take Visa, MC, AE and Pay Pal

Thanks,
Mark Sutton
www.ducshop.com

Which forks do these kits fit?
The S forks or the base model?:think:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yes, (with spring of choice), tell me which ones or we can make a suggestion. I normaly run .90's in a superbike chassis which has more forward weight bias and was happy with the .80's in the kit so would say about .10 lighter then you run on a sporbike.
So I can get the heavier springs more suited to my weight? is that right? Aloha Alex

1 - 20 of 36 Posts