Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had heard that Ohlins would be offering forks and shocks for the GT1000, and wanted to see if any progress had been made. Below is the body of an email response from Ohlins:

Thanks for your e-mail. We offer a great pair of shocks for the GT 1000. Our part # is DU 707.

These are piggy back shocks with adjustable compression and rebound damping. As for the forks, we do not currently offer anything. In Texas, Jeff Nash at Advanced Motorsports is very familiar with these shocks and could provide setup assistance as well.

Best regards,

Matt Sage
Öhlins USA

(828)692-4525x308
(864)979-9547 cell

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Yes Get Ohlins !

I put on the Ducati Ohlins forks, their the ones that go on the Paul Smart GREAT I got the rear shocks from Ohlins called "new Blue" they look better than the made for Ducati Ohlins version.

THe Ohlins version are cooler looking and say "Ohlins" on them
I got them all from Pro Italia; but I can not recommend them at this time (dispute)

This made the bike.... it was cool before but with a good suspension it is a fantastic bike.
I also recommend Termis and 14;40 gearing ... it's PURFECT now....

09 Ducati GT1000 Black and Gold; 14:40 with Ohlins F&R, Termis & Rizoma bling
95 Ducati SS 900 CR Red; 15:41 my new project…
81 Yamaha SR 500 total cafe project bike
corygt is online now Report Post Reply With Quote

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Only my opinion, but I think the Ohlins that Ducati Performance offers for the Sport Classics are way over-priced. It would be far smarter to get a set of Speedymoto triples and some Ohlins R&T Superbike forks from Dan Kyle - a little more expensive, a lot more effective.

Enough people on this board have fitted Superbike-sized Ohlins, so there are plenty of pics available for those interested.

·
svc.bmh.mc
191 Posts
Had my front forks sent to Traxxion Dynamics, and installed the rear Ohlins DU707s. Like corygt said, this transformed a good bike into a fantastic bike. Worth every penny.

Termis, gearing change and Power Commander III didn't hurt, either.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Call Dan Kyle at Kyle racing. He will have ohlins custom make you whatever you want if need be. He made me a special single shock for my 06 SC that I just got today.

He also sent me R&T ohlins forks for a monster that bolt right on. They are glorious and I have no regrets about the cash spent on them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
After riding my 2007 GT1000 for two and a half years on the stock shocks, I finally replaced them this summer with Ohlins adjustables. What a difference in the ride! The bike feels much more stable, and I can really "dig in" when I need to make a fast move. The Ohlins inspire confidence. My bike is a two tone black/cream model, and unfortunately the yellow/orange Ohlins withe their canisters just do not look right on the bike. I would have preferred it if they were black. I will trade the looks for the improved ride at this point. I understand that Ohlins no longer sells a front fork kit, which I also wanted to install, though it was quite expense at about $3500. So we are going to go with a different sort of kit that adds some adjustability to tthe GT's way too squishy front suspension.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Call Dan Kyle at Kyle racing. He will have ohlins custom make you whatever you want if need be. He made me a special single shock for my 06 SC that I just got today.
wow. Resurrection of a long dead thread. I wanted to add that the custom made dan kyle shock was so far out of spec that it was dangerous. I only broke one bone because of it. Dan Kyle stood up like a man and did nothing for me. I will never send him another penny and can't recommend AGAINST working with him for sc rear shock enough.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just want to add that Ohlins does indeed make a front shock kit, adjustable, and I had it put in last week. Riding now and I will give you my opinon on the bike after I put more time into it. So far, the bike seems much more stable; its hard to explain. Still getting used to it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ohlins Front and Rear upgrade....great!

Put about 100 miles so far into the upgraded bike and it is a much better bike now. The ride is superior to the stock, hands down. Tracks better, smoother over rough road, much more stable...gives a lot more confidence. I totally recommend the upgrade. Ohlins on the back, the Ohlins cartridge kit up front....makes an unbelievable difference.

In my opinion, Ducati should offer a GT-1000S, already upgraded with the Ohlins shocks and T exhaust. They could probably do it at a profit and it would still cost less to the consumer who has to buy each component separately.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
yes but

they killed the GT......

·
Registered
93 Posts
They killed the GT? Oh well, then, forget it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts