Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
They have a few special kits they made for the R&T's on the R1-LE if you want the better internal tubing, or you can just upgrade to the better pistons and shim stacks for under $400 in parts. The discount in that package deal was all in the fork kit, not in the shock.
Well, crap.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow that is tempting. Where do they install them though? If there is a local place in Los Angeles my monster might be ready for an upgrade.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I was talking to a guy who was the Ohlins rep for the west coast for some years and now is the suspension guru for a company all of us know of and respect, both he and a race mechanic who has bona fides say that the TTX shock is a POS and the 46 bore shock that is most common and stock on many Ducs is by far the best product that they carry. I will not verify with names as his comments were to me and I did not ask his permission to quote him. So, take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I was talking to a guy who was the Ohlins rep for the west coast for some years and now is the suspension guru for a company all of us know of and respect, both he and a race mechanic who has bona fides say that the TTX shock is a POS and the 46 bore shock that is most common and stock on many Ducs is by far the best product that they carry. I will not verify with names as his comments were to me and I did not ask his permission to quote him. So, take it for what it's worth.
After another talk with the above folks, they explained that the early TTX shocks were bad, hence the cheap price, BUT the new models are modified to be much better, just to set the record straight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts