Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monster S4RS front forks, 07 model. I believe they may have been incorrectly assembled by the last person that took them apart. I would like to see the correct order of assembly for the spring, spacer, bridge, nut and cap. The fg338 is apparently not the same internally as the Ohlins forks in the YouTube videos. There is no support bridge between the cap and spring in the video. Also, in the video, the spring went in first, before the spacer. Mine had the spacer in first, and the nut locking against the cap with the bridge under the nut with the legs of the bridge against the spring. This doesn’t seem correct and may be why these forks have never lived up to expectations. Anyone have an assembly diagram or parts diagram ?

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found something on You tube. Thanks, belter. Order of assembly: spacer in first, then do oil level, then spring, then the flat part of the bridge goes against the spring, nut threaded on , all the way, then top screws on all the way and nut locks against it. When I disassembled the forks the bridge was upside down and it appears this would affect preload adjustment.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that’s the way they put it together. It didn’t seem right because the prongs fit precisely on the cap if you turned the bridge over. If you’re using one of those expensive spring compressors it is obvious because the bridge goes down with the spring so you have room to tighten the nut against the cap. I don’t have one of those so I’m tightening the nut inside the bridge. It’s a little tricky. All good now though.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There doesn’t seem to be a complete exploded view of the whole fork leg . That was really what I needed. I got it worked out. When someone assembles something wrong and you’re the next to work on it, it can be confusing. Thanks, though, syazoo!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts