Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
It's the 63mm version I believe (have to measure mine again). Or you can call Dan Kyle - he setup mine for me. You'll be happy with replacing the original!

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's the 63mm version I believe (have to measure mine again). Or you can call Dan Kyle - he setup mine for me. You'll be happy with replacing the original!
is the difference really so huge? what you can tell from bike's behavior on road/track? any experience so far? thanx.

·
Registered
187 Posts
is the difference really so huge? what you can tell from bike's behavior on road/track? any experience so far? thanx.
The difference is gigantic. The standard steering damper is more optical than functional. Take it off and check how much damping it has. I've had a fair amount of "slappers" with the original damper. Once the new Ohlings was installed the bike could be setup to suite riding style and conditions. It's a night and day difference. It's well spent money that will significantly improve the behavior of the bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The difference is gigantic. The standard steering damper is more optical than functional. Take it off and check how mnuch damping it has. I've had a fair amount of "slappers" with the original damper. Once the new Ohlings was installed the bike could be setup to suite riding style and conditions. It's a night and day difference. It's well spent money that will significantly improve the behavior of the bike.
cheers mate, ordered^^

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is the Ohlins wider that the stock? In the picture, it looks as if steering is even further restricted.

I also wonder if it would fit with the Renthal 814s?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Is the Ohlins wider that the stock? In the picture, it looks as if steering is even further restricted.

I also wonder if it would fit with the Renthal 814s?
I had to adjust the steering stop by about 1mm to accomodate the steering damper with the Rizoma bars. The change is minor enough not to bother me as I can still easily do a 180 degree turn without issues - even at low speeds. Steering is fine and for a Ducati still a lot (try a 1098 - an SF is no comparison to how restricted it is)

I don't know about the Renthal bars - but am guessing it's similar.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I just received my new Streetfigher Ohlins steering damper kit from Kyle USA. They are THE largest Ohlins dealer in North America. I will be installing it over the weekend. Price was just $339. Not bad at all consider it's Ohlins. Kit comes will all necessary hardware ready to mount.

BTW this is the same exact damper that rb duc has. He got the very first one, I got the second one :D

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
The difference is gigantic. The standard steering damper is more optical than functional. Take it off and check how much damping it has. I've had a fair amount of "slappers" with the original damper. Once the new Ohlings was installed the bike could be setup to suite riding style and conditions. It's a night and day difference. It's well spent money that will significantly improve the behavior of the bike.

Hey Rb duc, do you have issues with your Ohlins steering damper kit from Dan Kyle? Any rattling or fitment issues?? I only asking since yours was their first Streetfighter kit.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The steering damper can move a little bit but this has no impact on functionality - a steering damper should be able to move a little bit. No issues with the setup I got from Dan.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just received my new Streetfigher Ohlins steering damper kit from Kyle USA. They are THE largest Ohlins dealer in North America. I will be installing it over the weekend. Price was just $339. Not bad at all consider it's Ohlins. Kit comes will all necessary hardware ready to mount.

BTW this is the same exact damper that rb duc has. He got the very first one, I got the second one :D

Ok, stupid question time. I don't see that listed on Kyleusa.com's website. Also, after install can you post pics, and give a ride report maybe? Also, I have the Rizoma dampener holder on my bike now, will I still be able to use it after I get this kit?

thanks
Brian

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok, stupid question time. I don't see that listed on Kyleusa.com's website. Also, after install can you post pics, and give a ride report maybe? Also, I have the Rizoma dampener holder on my bike now, will I still be able to use it after I get this kit?

thanks
Brian
Ok, I found and ordered the kit. Should be here Tuesday I think

·
Registered
86 Posts
We tried that univeral kit- but had to add a sleeved bushing/spacer and new bolt to keep the damper from rattling in the bracket. We also included TI hardware to our kit.
We use the new design steering damper with a titanium silver finish and etched grey logo.
-M
same kit you get from Kyle Racing too. Has all you need to instal on a SF, and don't ask Nick from Moto about his kit or he gets all "pissy"!!! Here are pics of each one installed. 1st is Moto kit, and 2nd is Dan Kyle........so you decide for yourself

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
same kit you get from Kyle Racing too. Has all you need to instal on a SF, and don't ask Nick from Moto about his kit or he gets all "pissy"!!! Here are pics of each one installed. 1st is Moto kit, and 2nd is Dan Kyle........so you decide for yourself
Remo - so how you like the ohlins so far? i actually ordered mine from moto so since i'm ordering other stuff through them already.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I have an Ohlins SD121 lying around - anyone know by chance whether that might fit if I just get the mount?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts