Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired a new to me GT1000 and I instantly fell in love. But one ride in the hills made one thing very clear - the suspension and wheels are trash. I have sourced a set of black 3 spoke wheels that I'm just about to have installed. I really hate to lose the look of the spoke wheels and I find it very difficult to jump on the Alpina bandwagon. With Alpina I'm paying the price of the Carrozzeria wheels but for only a 28% weight loss vs 48% if I went with the 10 spoke Carrozzeria. I hate my the choices. Gain poser points and lose performance? Thats one hell of a tough sell. Ohhh it hurts :abduct:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same, same. Today I'm thinking I'll go with Carrozzerias. But next week it might be the Alpinas.

Anyone got a pic of a GT with the Carrozzerias ?
You can do a google image search for that. Some cool bikes come up but they just do nit look as good as wires imho. I really want the spokes, just not the fat that comes with it. I like the weight of the carrozzerias but it's about maintaining the retro look. Oy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts