Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Nice Bike

I have a question - Do you know where you can find decal kits for Ducati? I am looking for something similar to the xerox 999 toseland bike. It is a white decal that wraps around both sides and around the gas tank. Looking to make my 750ss look a little better. It is currently just red and would like to add some flare. Any idead would help.

Thanks

·
Bobaganoosh
2,048 Posts
Dustin- You should create your own post, regarding your stickers.

Roy B- Damn sweet looking bike, looks like youve added another to an already impressive stable. Of your garage, what is the most fun to ride?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"What's the most FUN to ride"............Tough question......I would have to say the Honda NC27 (CB-1) .........You get on that little pocket bike, screeam through all the gears, the engine sounds like a thousand black girls screaming in your ear and when you look down at the speedometer you are going 65 mph! Lots of fun without much performance......Keeps it safe and out of traffic court!

A close second would be the MZ Baghira........Super Motard! I easily get the most questions when I pull into the local chow down on that thing. Find some twisties and have at it. Just doesn't get any better.......

But the number oner "go to" bike in the garage is easily the Suzuki DL650 V-Strom.......Just about a "perfect" motorcycle. Does everything GREAT and all at a $5800 price! I put 500 miles on it today, most of it in the rain at 40 degrees and it just performed perfectly. Dry, comfortable, stable, fast and economical at just about 55 mpg.........

The rest of them are a hoot to be sure....That Turno will put a s--t eating grin on your face that you can't whip off for a week...But watch that drivers license problem for sure.....And everyone on this list knows how amazingly capable an ST3 is...............The Moto Guzzi and the MV Agusta will be relegated to collector status (But after I put a few thousand miles on the MV...)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Roy, congrats on your new toy. Enjoy. It looks like it will be lots of fun.

I wish something like that would follow me home other than ultra hot strippers. I guess we all can't be that lucky. :D

·
Bobaganoosh
2,048 Posts
ddnuts said:
I wish something like that would follow me home other than ultra hot strippers. I guess we all can't be that lucky. :D
The hard part is getting them to leave in the morning!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Nicely done!!! You really should get out more often, Roy. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Synergy, spoken like someone who has experienced my dilema. :D

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
please excuse my ignorance.. but is that a new F1000 or s/hand F750 ??

really it doesn't matter because they are both beautiful.

Mal

·
Registered
602 Posts
Royb, Well done!!! You have one "bitchin'" bike there. I'm glad you finally found one you liked. Where did you get it? I'm naturally a wee bit envious of your F4 as I think it has got to be one of the hottest looking bikes, style wise, around. Congratulations! :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a used 02 750 F4s

I found it at an MV dealer in Northampton Ma. They sold it to the PO and serviced it for him. He traded on a 1000.

·
Registered
835 Posts
i love it! very nice bike, one day, one day............

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My bike had a little higher milage than I would have liked. But since it's service record was well documented and I was buying it from the dealer that sold and serviced it, I thought it was a reasonable deal. The bike is totally perfect. Not a mark anywhere. This is more important to me than milage. Plus the dealer put brand new tires on it. I'm good to go!

A four year old bike with 3000 miles would make me wonder if it got ridden enough. I've bought various vehicles over the years with extremely low milage that had all kind of gasket and seal issues. If a motor vehicle is not "exercised" enough, these things can dry out and cause issues. If that 3000 was all in the first few months and then it sat for three years, I'd be nervous. But what the heck, you only go around once in life....Go for it!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I don't want to rain on your parade.. but my 01 SS has only 2750 km on the clock..

About 2750km ago she fell over and needed a new speedo.. I was told by the repairing dealer that they couldn't put my new speedo back up to 36 260 Km because of rules about modifing speedo readings..

Low milage bikes always worry me.. but I'd still have a good look and buy it..

I'm just jealous of both of you.. hahaha

Mal

·
Registered
178 Posts
Royb said:
A four year old bike with 3000 miles would make me wonder if it got ridden enough. I've bought various vehicles over the years with extremely low milage that had all kind of gasket and seal issues. If a motor vehicle is not "exercised" enough, these things can dry out and cause issues.
I know the owner and he rode it frequently but with 2 other bikes, this one was the least ridden.

Like I said, it's tempting... ;)

I am going to look at a 999R today though. It was low-sided...I want to see if it's worth buying to build back up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts