Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guy's it has finally arrived. My shiny new 06 999R! What an awsome bike, I haven't had much saddle time yet but we are slowly getting to know each other, she certainly makes the right sounds! One question, don't all of the 999R's have the small number plaque on the top tripple clamp? Mine does not and the dealer has said that the "standard" 999R does not come with it, only the Xerox bike. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks :) I will post some pics when I calm down a bit and have a few seconds off the bike.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Well, let me be the very first to say....YOU SUCK!!!!!!!! Naaa, just kidding. Not to sure about the number plate thing. I've never seen one without it but I haven't checked out an '06 that close...besides a Xerox bike. Yea, I would want some more info on that one before I dropped it though. Congratulations my good man!! I'm jealous.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
galaxy said:
Well, let me be the very first to say....YOU SUCK!!!!!!!! Naaa, just kidding. Not to sure about the number plate thing. I've never seen one without it but I haven't checked out an '06 that close...besides a Xerox bike. Yea, I would want some more info on that one before I dropped it though. Congratulations my good man!! I'm jealous.
Thanks! yah I know it sucks to be me :D As for the plate, I just talked to DNA and they said that as of 04 none of the 999R's are getting the plates if they are coming to North America, European bikes get the plates....that kind of bites but without it I guess the bike is lighter :p The Xerox bike still gets one though. Go figure, one more strange marketing twist from a very strange company........

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
While I love the idea of any 9XXR bike, I don't know where I'd use it on the streets. My 998 is the same way. I never get to use 75% of it on the street. Awesome to have though :)

bruce19

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
You are the MAN!! Go Big Or Go Home Baby---YEAAAAAA

Enjoy... My 999r Fila has a number plate. I thought the new 999r's did also...

·
Banned
344 Posts
What does that mean....."Use on the street"? Of COURSE you use it on the street! You get the sickest,trickest,rarest, most exclusive bike you can get your hands on then you add every piece of magnesium and carbon you can find..........then you ride the sh*t out of it!! Congrats bro!! Sweet ride. :D

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
999r

I don't know where you guys live, but no way could you use all the performance the 999R has on the street. Too many cops/cars/dogs/obstacles. Much too dangerous to you and the other drivers/riders.

That machine needs to be exercised on the track occasionally, where it will most certainly impress the rider. That's what it was built to do, of course.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Who cares???? It's a 999R!!!!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Talk about "Announcing your presence with authority...99R" :yeah:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
brianmdavis said:
You are the MAN!! Go Big Or Go Home Baby---YEAAAAAA

Enjoy... My 999r Fila has a number plate. I thought the new 999r's did also...
Thanks Brian! your's has the plate because of it's special nature, those of us with the lowly ordinary 999R's get bubkiss for our to tripple clamp :mad:

As for use on the road, I will ride it as hard as I feel is safe and if that is only to 5% of the bikes ability then so be it, I am in love with a mechanical red headed Italian and I could not give a dam about other peoples opinions, I wanted it, I can afford it, so why should I deny myself the pleasure of owning it. I am not trying to be mean spirited, but I love how people automatically decide on how a bike is supposed to be used. As it happens I am already planing track days in Seattle and Portland :)

Cheers all
And to those with the kind thoughts thanks!!! I will try and post some pics :D

·
Senior Moment
1,474 Posts
Arrgo said:
Thanks Brian! your's has the plate because of it's special nature, those of us with the lowly ordinary 999R's get bubkiss for our to tripple clamp :mad:
psssssttt....then you get a Nichols top triple clamp and have them engrave it for you.....

I've only seen these in the shop, don't know if they're on the website yet. Hell of a price, too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Buckelew said:
psssssttt....then you get a Nichols top triple clamp and have them engrave it for you.....

I've only seen these in the shop, don't know if they're on the website yet. Hell of a price, too.
Not a bad idea. I will have to see what the look like first.
Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LowNSlow said:
This coming from a guy who,s bike is so low his heels drag.....hmmm :think:

When are you going to buck up and get a real bike, perhaps something Italian, or at least something that will go faster than 100kph :D

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
arggo,get ahold of me when the weathers nice and i'll show you roads that were made for ducs over here on the island.

·
Banned
344 Posts
That's kind of where I was going with my comment! I was just givin you props on that SICK new scoot. I'm not promoting dangerous riding......I'm promoting rackin up serious milage on one of the baddest bikes (next to the 998R ;) ) on the planet! Like was previously stated....Go big or go home! :yeah:

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Buckelew said:

I first saw the new Nichols triple clamp in a post on Club Desmo. I've been looking for a new triple to replace the ugly one on my 916. Until now, no luck. However, the product isn't quite ready for production yet, some loose ends but very soon will be available according to Jim at Nichols. As Buck said, they can engrave too. The clamp is a beauty and I'll be all over it like a cheap suit when its released.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
kaos said:
arggo,get ahold of me when the weathers nice and i'll show you roads that were made for ducs over here on the island.
Will do for sure :D My bro lives in Parksville so I am over there a fair bit especially in the summer

Cheers

1 - 20 of 35 Posts