Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered this helmet and like what they say about it. The new OGK FF-4 (replaces the FF-3) problem is I understand there is no USA distributor so trying one on is not an option. I've already been e-mailing the worldwide OGK Shop and shipping is 48 lire x 2 sending it here, then returning if no fit so thats not an option as too expensive for trial and error. This helmet ends up costing approx $370. US + shipping if I did the conversion correctly.

My question is has anyone worn an OGK helmet? any comments if so?

I have a 59cm (Large) head--long oval face for shape, currently wearing an Arai Q II (but unfortunately bought it a shell size to large). The two top Shoei models fit my head also.

here's the link to the write-up from webbikeworld

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/ogk/ff4/

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I think HelmetHarbor and Kneedraggers sell em....

from what I know of OGK's in general....they are pretty light...and pretty noisey....other than that...I can't be of too much help...sorry!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OGK distributors

zooom said:
I think HelmetHarbor and Kneedraggers sell em....

from what I know of OGK's in general....they are pretty light...and pretty noisey....other than that...I can't be of too much help...sorry!
Thanks Zoom that's most helpful!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry, i missed this post!

owen at OGK-helmet.com is the only US importer of OGK helmets (along with a slew of other import goodies). He is clearing them out right now at $199

http://www.ogk-helmet.com/html/index.htm

I picked one up as did a friend of mine - nice helmet, though a tad snug around the cheek area. Very light and the ventelation is good (though my friend says his shoei RF-1000 was better which I'm just not buying compared to my old Shoei RF-900) If you decide on one and the cheeks are too snug call Brian at speedwerks.com and get another set of cheek pads from him.

Pascal

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blurry said:
Sorry, i missed this post!

owen at OGK-helmet.com is the only US importer of OGK helmets (along with a slew of other import goodies). He is clearing them out right now at $199

http://www.ogk-helmet.com/html/index.htm

I picked one up as did a friend of mine - nice helmet, though a tad snug around the cheek area. Very light and the ventelation is good (though my friend says his shoei RF-1000 was better which I'm just not buying compared to my old Shoei RF-900) If you decide on one and the cheeks are too snug call Brian at speedwerks.com and get another set of cheek pads from him.

Pascal
Thanks Pascal, some of the reviews from your link stated the air vents came loose, how's your's holding up so far? The $199. is attractive w/my limited $$ at the moment.
I'm now also interested in the Shark RSRi or II.

Jim

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have an OGK FF4, Shark RSR2 Duhamel rep, and a Vemar Carbon Fiber helmet. The OGK is awesome, lighter than my Vemar helmet, better ventilation. Only thing the vemar beats it out on is the visor. The OGK visor is stiff to open up. Hope this helps. Oh, the shark owns all the helmet I've ever tried on, period.

·
Super Moderator
8,212 Posts
I use the FF4 GP as does emullo on the board.

I absolutly LOVE the helmet. Best out of all that I´ve had. The thing i like the most is the tear-off dark visor that lets you have dark or clear visors without having to exchange them. If it´s nice and sunny, put the dark tearoff on and if it gets dark, pull over and take it of, roll it up and put it in your pocket. Takes 2 minutes and you have a clear visor. Plus the tear-off is easily replaced once they get worn out.

It still comes down to headsize and the shape of your skull, so try it out before you buy it.

Here is mine with the mirror tear-off. Which isn´t very good. you get reflections of yourself on the inside. They have a smoked one too, which is much better.

Edit: Noise is pretty low, drag is VERY low. Lift is just right. I´ve had the bike up to rev limit in 6:th with no issues (~240km/h - 150 MPH). Double D-ring closure and washabel inside.

Mirror tear-off

Dark tear-off on a trackday

//amullo

Attachments

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all

KaliTurbo999 & Amullo, thanks for the OGK FF4 comments and pics. I'll call the Huntington Beach, CA distributor that Pascal gave and see if they'll allow returning if it does fit my head properly as they have a great clearance blow out now. I'd say a have a long oval head shape, according to a write-up the OGK FF4 should work with that shape. My head's circumference is 59cm/size large in OGK?

Have either of you notice the air vents working loose? someone in a review mentioned that, if it was a common occurance I thought I could epoxy or glue it. At $199. it works for me.

I sure appreciate your posts to my inquiry.

Jim

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yah forgot to mention that, the air vents is pretty loose but I never close mine up so doesn't bother me. =)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KaliTurbo999 said:
Yah forgot to mention that, the air vents is pretty loose but I never close mine up so doesn't bother me. =)
oh that's what the review meant, the opening/closing part of the air vents. Yeah I can live with that.

I called link Pascal provided and the sales person did say these helmets were 2004 model year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts