Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Too bad, he could have been a contender. Unfortunately in MotoGP the difference between a bike that can finish in the top 20 and a bike that can finish in the top 10 is huge. I wish him luck, he is one of those riders who has that little bit of extra talent or whatever it is that separates him from everybody else.

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,391 Posts
Reminds me of Rossi & JoLo going to Ducati to further their careers.
Probably the worst decision he's ever made.

Reactions: xracer

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
WTF,,, froggy sold out for the money.

MM is real happy.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I think its a smart move, KTM are making a huge commitment to MotoGP, they are acquiring the right people (engineers and mechanics), and now the right rider. I think KTM will be competitive next year.

·
comrade moderator
27,345 Posts
It's not going to happen overnight but I'd love to see top tens by the end of next season. They've got some talent on the payroll and don't forget, will be running equal satellite bikes in a very knowledgable Tech3 team. TONS of development potential. Also they can test a lot more than the Big Three. In 2020 I'd like to see them hit some podiums, and if it rains? Who knows - perhaps they'll pull an "Our Jack" and win the damn thing!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I'd love to see top tens by the end of next season.
I can't imagine Zarco being content with top tens.

He was quite a pissy lad the last round, not quite JLO level but definitely up there.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
After watching him make the factory Yamaha boys hang their heads in shame I’m a fan. I would not be surprised if he is fighting for podiums right off the bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
692 Posts
this is a very competitive class, it takes a talented rider to get into the top 10... take Dovi away from Ducati and where would the GP18 be this year? lets be honest, KTM does not have an alien, they dont even have a top 10 rider, an agreement can be made that KTM's best rider is Mika Kallio.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
this is a very competitive class, it takes a talented rider to get into the top 10... take Dovi away from Ducati and where would the GP18 be this year? lets be honest, KTM does not have an alien, they dont even have a top 10 rider, an agreement can be made that KTM's best rider is Mika Kallio.

They will next year. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
692 Posts
well Pol had the KTM up in 3rd at the end of P1 today, Kallio was riding what is believed to be KTM's 2019 bike

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
He was a known quantity and Yamaha we’re at the pointy end.
Might be my memory but i thought they bought Vale to improve the bike and get some wins because they weren't competitive. I guess that may have been that they just couldn't beat honda.

But yes of course, highly unlikely Zarco will be fighting with MM for the championship.

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,391 Posts
well Pol had the KTM up in 3rd at the end of P1 today, Kallio was riding what is believed to be KTM's 2019 bike
Let's see how they do Sunday.
Zarco should have headed straight to Suzuki.

Reactions: xracer

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,255 Posts
MM is real happy.
Yes he is! It would have been really uncomfortable to have Zarco as team mate.
On the other hand, I think Zarco missed a great opportunity with Honda. KTM must have made a really intere$ting offer.

Zarco should have headed straight to Suzuki.
Suzuki would have been the best "challenge" opportunity for him in case he was not attracted to Honda's safety.
Unfortunately Suzuki doesn't have KTM's deep pockets. Also, they might be still hoping to get Lorenzo and saving the big bucks for him.

IMHO Zarco made the wrong choice. He is not young enough to wait for KTM to be competitive. Look at Yamaha, they are really struggling to catch up with Honda and they have a lot more experience than KTM.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts