Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 1864 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
After thinking about this for a moment I've realised the real reason I even look at this site....it's hilarious how much people don't know while attempting to save a buck.
Some Ducati owners (posers) are so damned cheep meaning if you going to own one you better have MONEY & alot of it you own a REAL performance piece of machinery that REQUIRES alot of expensive maintenance & parts the average Joe has no idea how to perform or the tools, specification manuals, time, place, etc. These are very meticulous pieces of exotic engineering if not properly serviced can & will bite you in the wallet let alone attempting to do this yourself with catastrophic results possibly death.

I know now why so many Ducati's are for sale with 4000ish miles.......THE SERVICE COSTS!!
You people (some) keep on buying a status bike....impress everyone.....scare the shit outta yourself.....park it for whatever reason (scared shitless) or realise the dealer needs $2000.00 bucks for tires, fluid changes, belts yada yada yada.

Keep up the good work I love buying them for peanuts the motorcycle buying public KNOWS the Ducati is a very exotic machine park one somewhere & stand back

They know that's why a select few buy one (or 6)

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,842
Nothing specifically to the bike but transferred all the original take-off parts like the exhaust system into a big Rubbermade box from the failing cardboard one like I said I was going to do for years.

I went through all of the wrapped parts and man are there a few brackets and other individual pieces that make up the factory exhaust and tail system on these. It was kind of cool to see though as they are all in like new condition having been pulled off the bike when it was new.

Reactions: JACKIE TREEHORN

·
Smut peddler
1,113 Posts
I've got all kinds of shit in boxes that I have no intention of ever using. Why the hell am I keeping the airbox or other pieces I've replaced with carbon? Austen has motivated me to do another dump off in the for sale section. All proceeds will be donated to the charity (retailer) that has more carbon farkles I like. 😂

Being cereal, I'm really hoping to figure out how to put comp werkes cans on. They sound and look so goddamn good. Would require some definite fab skills I may or may not possess.

·
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,844 (Edited)
Circa Dec 2014 on the Mulholland snake, prior to the "No Cruising" ordinance now in effect.. the good 'ol days of Rock Store Photos. Hopefully they will one day return.

·
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,846
Great photo!
Happy New Year, Pal!
Thank you and Happy New Year to you too my friend!

Reactions: egomexico

·
Smut peddler
1,113 Posts
What's the no cruising thing aboot? Did they finally make it a "race only" like I've been petitioning them all these years? 😂

Hopefully "they" stay away from Angeles crest.

Reactions: Austen

·
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,848
What's the no cruising thing aboot? Did they finally make it a "race only" like I've been petitioning them all these years? 😂

Hopefully "they" stay away from Angeles crest.

·
Smut peddler
1,113 Posts
This probably won't be very popular, buit that really doesn't bother me. My guess is that if you don't ride like so many of the squid shitheads, full leathers, running 9/10 or even 10/10 pace, the coppers will leave you be. I've seen it multiple times where a group of joe rockets are over the yellow line, way over their heads, in the middle of the day. It's the dumbfucks that create the rules for the rest of us. There's a thing called track days. Popular roads aren't the place for that kind of shit. There's a difference between riding at a good clip, and the fast and the furious.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all! My '10 Evo SP used to have trouble starting again after riding around. I figured the battery was shot, so I replaced it with a Shorai lithium battery. This fixed the starting problem.

Now there is a problem when I go to blip the throttle on a downshift. The bike kind of just farts instead of revving up. It seems to be a problem on higher rpm downshifts, but I'm not sure this always the case. Could it be a spark plug issue?

The bike wasn't responding like this before I changed the battery and oil.

·
Smut peddler
1,113 Posts
Hi all! My '10 Evo SP used to have trouble starting again after riding around. I figured the battery was shot, so I replaced it with a Shorai lithium battery. This fixed the starting problem.

Now there is a problem when I go to blip the throttle on a downshift. The bike kind of just farts instead of revving up. It seems to be a problem on higher rpm downshifts, but I'm not sure this always the case. Could it be a spark plug issue?

The bike wasn't responding like this before I changed the battery and oil.
Only time mine has done that is towards the end of the valves interval. How many miles since last adjustment?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Only time mine has done that is towards the end of the valves interval. How many miles since last adjustment?
Around 5000 miles.

I thought it could be valve related also, but I wanted to rule out the simpler stuff first. I overfilled the oil a little when performing the oil change (I have drained it to the proper levels now), so that is why I am thinking it could be a fouled spark plug.

I'm going to go for a long ride tomorrow, so I will see if the issue persists. Hopefully I don't have to change my engine-brake heavy riding style to protect the clutch.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone have a service manual in pdf for Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP?
Someone posted one for the 1100S on these forums.

This is the only one I have found for the 1100 EVO/EVO SP:

·
Registered
256 Posts
uh, the snake is a piece of crap road. There are way better bits of road in that area.
I rode Yerba Buena on a rented "modern" Hyper. It was fun but civilised.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had my first proper ride yesterday on the Hyper. What a blast!! :cool:
I only rode one for 5 minutes before I bought mine, but there's no buyers remorse!

It's so nimble and so torquey that you can't help yourself but ride like a deranged lunatic any chance you get! :LOL:

Good it doesn't have any more power then it does, that would only get me in more trouble. I'm sure my opinion on that will change during the riding season...

1841 - 1860 of 1864 Posts