Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1781 - 1792 of 1792 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys! Just bought my first HM this weekend. 08 1100S and it came with a few add ons that im not so sure about. It has an upgraded MWR air box cover and a power commander.

When I first brought it home I noticed that it was having trouble getting started (would crank for awhile before firing up) so I decided to get new plugs and clean the air filter (the air filter is a b*itch to get to btw). That seemed to do the trick on starting but now im having what seems to be a backfire from the throttle bodies at low RPM from a take off, kinda stalls the bike a bit but then gets back up and goes just fine. Wondering if it has to do with the power commander or an air leak somewhere in the system.

Id love some help with the above issue and would love to hear about any other tasteful upgrades you guys recommend!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey guys! Just bought my first HM this weekend. 08 1100S and it came with a few add ons that im not so sure about. It has an upgraded MWR air box cover and a power commander.

When I first brought it home I noticed that it was having trouble getting started (would crank for awhile before firing up) so I decided to get new plugs and clean the air filter (the air filter is a b*itch to get to btw). That seemed to do the trick on starting but now im having what seems to be a backfire from the throttle bodies at low RPM from a take off, kinda stalls the bike a bit but then gets back up and goes just fine. Wondering if it has to do with the power commander or an air leak somewhere in the system.

Id love some help with the above issue and would love to hear about any other tasteful upgrades you guys recommend!
Exhaust leak might cause popping and backfiring, but I think it`s feature of the MWR (if you have the HE open lid), Might go away with proper ECU tuning (I`m not familiar with Power Commander). Mine did same with MWR, full exhaust + termignoni and DP ecu. Previous owner said it was also fine tuned with Rexxer but can`t be sure from that.

Mine did pretty much same. It started easier (normally) with little throttle at startup. Try if it helps !

·
Registered
665 Posts
All sounds confusing to me. Why would you need 3 different items to do a single job?
Power Commander is a piggy back for adjusting injector pulse width signal from the stock ECU.
Rexxer is a new map down loaded into the stock ECU.
DP ECU is supposedly just another 5AM with a different map from stock to suit whatever level of mods you have added.

The stock map in the stock ECU can be re-written, just needs a dyno and a competent operator. No license fees required.

·
Registered
255 Posts
When starting cold I usually put it in 2nd and roll backwards so its just past compression.

Also it always seems to start better after a service and TPS adjustment or whatever it is that they do.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ok. So if you want to keep your original handguards and still have a bar end slider I have the solution. I have access to a CNC now and I can make a set of these in aluminum or Delrin. Pricing will be around $70-$100 depending on how many orders I get in a batch. Below is a pic of some that I made for my Minimotard in 6061 Aluminum for reference . Please message me if interested so that I can know how many are interested for the best pricing.

Thank you

have you thought about making these out of delrin instead of aluminum? I think you would have a market for these if you made them compatible with/for Cycra handguards (countersunk M8 bolt).

·
Smut peddler
1,043 Posts
Anyone rum the Zard penta? Might give the doomduc motard a boom boom makeover for Christmas this year. Would like to hear if the Zard is as good as it looks.

·
Smut peddler
1,043 Posts
If you're saying that's a bad thing, then I suggest you go hang out with the gen II guys. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
112 Posts
All sounds confusing to me. Why would you need 3 different items to do a single job?
Power Commander is a piggy back for adjusting injector pulse width signal from the stock ECU.
Rexxer is a new map down loaded into the stock ECU.
DP ECU is supposedly just another 5AM with a different map from stock to suit whatever level of mods you have added.

The stock map in the stock ECU can be re-written, just needs a dyno and a competent operator. No license fees required.
If you meant to quote my message; Propably the previous owner had bought the DP Kit (Ecu, dual termignonin slip-on and DP air box lid) and then changed straight (without cat and sensors) exhaust and MWR HE airbox afterwards and decided to tune it in dyno to get the last % of power.

I have no idea how well PC works in Ducatis.

1781 - 1792 of 1792 Posts