Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1681 - 1700 of 1716 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
hi comfysofa. Yes, 2010 hyper evo...
Bike is completely stock and what I want to do is velocity stacks, cat delete, new exhaust, new map. Not all at once so that’s why I’m starting with new pipes first. Thanks

Hey blu. “A door!!!” Crazy story, glad you end up ok. Sure, I’ll post some pics and videos once my beast is finished 😎

Thanks for your answers. I think Mivv pipes are good and if I don’t find anything better in that price range I will go with them
In that case then, yeah - youll be good...

·
Registered
300 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
is there a reason why I’m not getting the discount? Mine shows $519 not $465... in my situation every penny counts, $54 savings means a bunch of brand new shiny screws
Its because I am a VIP member it's a one time fee only to become a VIP I think its 29.00 now they also offer a forum discount
as well as military etc give them a call and ask about the other discounts. I became a VIP over 7 years ago and it has saved me
a lot of money it's been so long now that I forget I have it. If you go VIP you will save 25.00 on this order after the VIP fee.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had the Zard Penta system on my first hyper - that i would say it the best looking system... View attachment 984003
Yessss! This is the zard system I was thinking of; just awesome!
If the welds are like you describe, I’d probably spring for this one.
Re: termi quality issues - I’ve read similar concerns from other owners that fit and finish have declined. Though the systems I’ve come across locally look and sound amazing. YMMV
Either way, one of the few things missing from the interwebz has been good quality videos of exhaust systems on gen I hypers; I wish more of them existed.
Happy riding!

‘blu

·
Smut peddler
963 Posts
Question. Someone did an ADV conversion, then rode their hyper through the southwest, Zion if I remember coreectly. Which one of you tards was it? Got a buddy that rode my hyper, and thinks it would be great, would love to hear your opinion.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Question. Someone did an ADV conversion, then rode their hyper through the southwest, Zion if I remember coreectly. Which one of you tards was it? Got a buddy that rode my hyper, and thinks it would be great, would love to hear your opinion.
Was it this thread?

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I rode my Hyper through Zion, did Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Arizona. That was on my honeymoon at 52. Seat sucks but the bike ran great!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
08 Hypermotard 1100s.
7 Posts
Hey guys, newbie here. I've spent the last week reading through EVERY page of this forum. Very useful!

Next week should be taking delivery of an 08 1100s, completely stock, very good condition and very low mileage 13k kms (about 8000 miles)

So excited to be back on 2 wheels after long break.

Any things I should do/check with the bike as soon as I get it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey guys, newbie here. I've spent the last week reading through EVERY page of this forum. Very useful!

Next week should be taking delivery of an 08 1100s, completely stock, very good condition and very low mileage 13k kms (about 8000 miles)

So excited to be back on 2 wheels after long break.

Any things I should do/check with the bike as soon as I get it?
Sounds great. Post pictures of the '08 when you have it or looked at it. I started a similar thread a week or so back. From my experience...
  • Insist on a cold bike start when you see it. You are looking for a slow battery and excessive smoke in exhaust
  • Inspect the chain and sprockets for wear or lack of maintenance
  • Inspect all the body panels for cracks and mount points. I missed that one and both the rear plastic panels on my bike were only secured 2 out of 3 points. The missing were broken. Panels are expensive.
  • Check oil level and brake fluids - ask when they were changed
  • Maintenance records are gold. Without them, you can trust the seller or take matters into your own hands and do a full fluid exchange, belts, and valve adjust
  • Get a listing of all the aftermarket parts and verify they are present
  • Roll the bike to inspect the tires F/R all the way around
  • Pull bike onto it's stand (ask for help if needed) and rotate the bars to both stops. Any notches or binding?
  • Idle the bike for 5 minutes and note any issues or unusual sounds - hard to do with a open clutch - but do it anyway
  • When the bike is warm, preferably after a test ride, stop the motor and restart to ensure no fuel mapping issues
  • Test ride to make sure no surprises, brakes are not warped, suspension moves without binding
Just off the top of my head...

Good luck!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Welcome Mulletman. The HM1100 is great fun and there are some very basic low-cost changes you can make that increase the fun-factor, all depending on what you want from the bike.
You don't say if it's your first Ducati. If it is, you will find the dry clutch will make a lot of rattly noise with the bike idling in neutral, making it difficult to listen for other engine noises. Tip - just pull the clutch lever in and it will reduce the clutch noise by 75%.
Hopefully the bike will be fully cold when you arrive (put a hand on the engine to check - carefully). If it is cold, it may well be a little sluggish to turn over and start - all normal for this bike, but it should start after 2 or 3 seconds of cranking.
The 1100S has some very potent front brakes - treat with respect until used to them.
Be aware - fuel range until warning light will be 80 - 85 miles.
Post pictures, have fun and be prepared to ride like a 20 year-old hooligan, no matter what your age.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Many of hyperist have changed front sprocket to 14T and liked it, but does all of you have Evo model (41T rear sprocket) ? Calculating with gearing commander and looks like 14/42T setup could be too short :oops:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did you get the aluminum versions already ? If you are not planning to make those for sale, it would be awesome to get the files ;)
I can send you the files no worries. I already sent them to another member on here. It's going to cost about $150 to get them CNC'd out of Delrin or Aluminum. If you know a place that will CNC them for less that would be great for everyone who owns these bikes. Shoot me your email address and I'll send the file over.

David

·
Registered
106 Posts
I can send you the files no worries. I already sent them to another member on here. It's going to cost about $150 to get them CNC'd out of Delrin or Aluminum. If you know a place that will CNC them for less that would be great for everyone who owns these bikes. Shoot me your email address and I'll send the file over.

David
Thank you. I don`t know the CNC place yet but I will find out one. I live in Finland so propably it`s cheaper to find out another one in there because of the shipping and taxes, but I will inform everybody about the price when I find it out. If it turns out cheap I surely can make&send pair to anyone who wants.

·
Registered
2008 Hypermotard 1100S
48 Posts
I just picked up my second 08 Hyper S, this one in red with 1700 miles on the clocks and completely stock and like new condition. I guess the previous owner didn’t like riding it. He traded it in for a V4 Panigale. I had a black one that i tracked, toured, commuted on and as soon as i test rode this one all those good memories came flooding back. IMG_8771.jpg

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,370 Posts
I just picked up my second 08 Hyper S, this one in red with 1700 miles on the clocks and completely stock and like new condition. I guess the previous owner didn’t like riding it. He traded it in for a V4 Panigale. I had a black one that i tracked, toured, commuted on and as soon as i test rode this one all those good memories came flooding back. View attachment 985620
Its a good sign when you see the frame stickers and fork reflectors still on there. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1681 - 1700 of 1716 Posts