Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 1716 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am no expert, but I believe that when the closers are tight it can cause the cams not to spin freely. Also, when I was doing my ST4, I didnt get the collets back seated correctly and it caused a cam bind. What were your closer measurements? Did you make adjustments?
I`m no expert either :D I thought that way of free cam spinning is when you change closer shims and are figuring out the right size of shim. I mean when you have opener rocker moved out the way. Like in this video;

I don`t feel any "drag" when spinning. It`s more like it takes more force to get over the point, where valve is fully opened.

I did change opener shims, but not any closers (yet). Measurements on exhaust closers were very tight on both, <0.03mm/.0012" It`s impossible to measure so small gap :/ When pushing down closer rocker arm and spinning the shim, horizontal wheels maybe a little tighter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I searched for options on handle bar end sliders that allow us to retain the factory handguards. I couldn’t find any. I know the internal diameter is 14mm and I’m going to design my own. I remove the mirrors for track days but I want to retain the hand guards as they give the bike it’s character.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I searched for options on handle bar end sliders that allow us to retain the factory handguards. I couldn’t find any. I know the internal diameter is 14mm and I’m going to design my own. I remove the mirrors for track days but I want to retain the hand guards as they give the bike it’s character.

Please let us know which result you end. I`m gonna change to regular mirrors and take the stock ones off. I too think Hyper needs those handguards and I wanna leave them but bar end sliders would be nice extra.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Interested should you decide to make a few........

·
Registered
467 Posts
And yours is an evo? - its that rear lambda sensor thats critical that can get fowled against the footpeg....however, if your bike is mapped via the ecu then it wont matter as most dyno operators will disable the o2 sensors....ie i bought one of these for my old 1100s but it didnt matter as it was mapped.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey guys.
I’m looking into replacing the down pipes of my hyper project because they are too old, rusted, leaking and I want to eliminate the catalytic converter... is this my best choice? Thanks

Amazon.com: D.022.C2 Mivv No Kat Link Pipe Downpipe Steel Hypermotard 1100 Evo 2010 10: Automotive
I saw a couple of similar systems while perusing fleabay; I’ve got the Leo Vinci system with cat delete and I run a custom Ducati N America ECU so the o2 sensors, cat and servos have all been bypassed.
On one of my morning commutes I had to wheelie over a full sized door in my lane and as I was going over it, got smacked on the mid-pipe/header which subsequently cracked and broke.
I didn’t know the extent of the damage until later and had to hunt one down.
Nonetheless, if you’re running any software or ecu tuning, the sensors will all be bypassed and the servos eliminated.
Happy exhaust hunting and post some pics or vids once you’ve installed.
‘Blu

·
Registered
300 Posts
And yours is an evo? - its that rear lambda sensor thats critical that can get fowled against the footpeg....however, if your bike is mapped via the ecu then it wont matter as most dyno operators will disable the o2 sensors....ie i bought one of these for my old 1100s but it didnt matter as it was mapped.
hi comfysofa. Yes, 2010 hyper evo...
Bike is completely stock and what I want to do is velocity stacks, cat delete, new exhaust, new map. Not all at once so that’s why I’m starting with new pipes first. Thanks

I saw a couple of similar systems while perusing fleabay; I’ve got the Leo Vinci system with cat delete and I run a custom Ducati N America ECU so the o2 sensors, cat and servos have all been bypassed.
On one of my morning commutes I had to wheelie over a full sized door in my lane and as I was going over it, got smacked on the mid-pipe/header which subsequently cracked and broke.
I didn’t know the extent of the damage until later and had to hunt one down.
Nonetheless, if you’re running any software or ecu tuning, the sensors will all be bypassed and the servos eliminated.
Happy exhaust hunting and post some pics or vids once you’ve installed.
‘Blu
Hey blu. “A door!!!” Crazy story, glad you end up ok. Sure, I’ll post some pics and videos once my beast is finished 😎

Thanks for your answers. I think Mivv pipes are good and if I don’t find anything better in that price range I will go with them

·
Registered
1,062 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
The other popular system is the Zard system it eliminates the cat and mid pipe as well runs right up to the cans tucks in very nice as well but its more money.

View attachment 983962
Oh man, I think we have a winner that thing is nice! 😍😍😍 It goes all the way up and it will look a lot cleaner being all new and fresh 🤗

$183 more and longer wait to get it but I think is well worth it. Thanks mo!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oh man, I think we have a winner that thing is nice! 😍😍😍 It goes all the way up and it will look a lot cleaner being all new and fresh 🤗

$183 more and longer wait to get it but I think is well worth it. Thanks mo!
I like some of the Zard systems but not all of them appeal to me. Some of them take away from the hyper’s lines and they are expensive too.
I guess if they’re in termi territory termis are another option; if you’re dropping the coin, check out the QD low exhaust kits = pretty trick but probably cuts in to your ground clearance :(
Re: the door; it spun and lay lengthwise after the car in front of me ran over it as well. I didn’t have enough space to either side to safely avoid it so I hunkered down and tried to bunny hop it (obviously unsuccessfully) and barely cleared it with the front wheel.
As the front touched, it pushed the door up and it hit the exhaust.
Could’ve been much worse than just bike damage.

let us know which exhaust you choose, I like spending other people’s money... 😉

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the zard collectors with Termi dual mufflers. Previous owner of the pipes had the heat shield mounts removed and cleaned up. They are the cleanest bends and welds I have seen. I have seen a set of Termi collectors and they looked like a kid at a muffler shop welded them. I would be so unhappy if I paid for the Termi collectors and ended up with that workmanship. The Termi mufflers are great.

1661 - 1680 of 1716 Posts