Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1621 - 1627 of 1627 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Anyone rocking a tank bag they like? I don't need nothing big, just something to toss a water bottle and a couple other miscellaneous things in.
I use the DP tail bag and love it, but it may be a little big for you needs. There is actually one for sale on ebay right now for a great price!

·
Mexican Ducatista
950 Posts
Too bad. I really like the clean look of the tail light with integrated turn signals.

Maybe I should try making DIY integrated tail light. Only difficulty is the controller part.
I placed my turn signals between the exhaust and the side tail covers to keep it clean.
Not an option if you have a single silencer exhaust system.
889423ED-E3CF-40A1-BD55-FE9FF1F62CA7.jpeg
0F9E599F-4CE1-460E-84B6-4E35DC7FE458.jpeg

·
Registered
82 Posts
I placed my turn signals between the exhaust and the side tail covers to keep it clean.
Not an option if you have a single silencer exhaust system.
View attachment 980216 View attachment 980217
Very cool and clean looking (y) What turn signals are those and how/where did you attach them ? I looked some "small bullet style" turn signals last week, but it`s hard to say how bright they are without getting them first :D Also termignonis take more space than the stock silencers.
BTW. Thoser shortened silencers look REALLY good. I`m planning to core&chop mine but I`m afraid they will be too loud for my taste.

Some guy had done custom turn signals and they look very nice. That`s pretty much what I had mind in the first place but with sequential/running effect. Side panels are so shaped and narrow that it`s hard to attach anything to them so drilling through would be only option and for that I need another pair of side panels :D Can`t take the risk of ruining the originals.
Led strips can`t be bend to two directions so Custom Dynamics etc products can`t be used.
2-3mm LEDs would fit but haven`t had time to order and test.

·
Mexican Ducatista
950 Posts
Very cool and clean looking (y) What turn signals are those and how/where did you attach them ? I looked some "small bullet style" turn signals last week, but it`s hard to say how bright they are without getting them first :D Also termignonis take more space than the stock silencers.
BTW. Thoser shortened silencers look REALLY good. I`m planning to core&chop mine but I`m afraid they will be too loud for my taste.

Some guy had done custom turn signals and they look very nice. That`s pretty much what I had mind in the first place but with sequential/running effect. Side panels are so shaped and narrow that it`s hard to attach anything to them so drilling through would be only option and for that I need another pair of side panels :D Can`t take the risk of ruining the originals.
Led strips can`t be bend to two directions so Custom Dynamics etc products can`t be used.
2-3mm LEDs would fit but haven`t had time to order and test.

View attachment 980225
Got my turn signals from ebay a long time ago. Can't remember the manufacturer but they were generic and not expensive. I bended an aluminum sheet to make custom brackets that are attached to the rear top bolts of the side panels. Didn't have to drill them.

Regarding exhaust noise with the chopped silencers, you can keep it within tolerable limits if you leave the cat in place.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Got my turn signals from ebay a long time ago. Can't remember the manufacturer but they were generic and not expensive. I bended an aluminum sheet to make custom brackets that are attached to the rear top bolts of the side panels. Didn't have to drill them.

Regarding exhaust noise with the chopped silencers, you can keep it within tolerable limits if you leave the cat in place.
O.K. Next time when buying something for Hyper I`ll just go with big money. Usually cheap ones are cheap for reason, but glad you found good ones. I haven`t had luck with that.

And as I remembered with Termignoni dual slips the gap between silencer cover and side panel is very narrow approx 5-10mm.

Cat is already gone and the ecu has tuned for straight exhaust + termis so probably better not to mess with it :D If I get the time and motivation I`ll try coring&chopping and then compare it to Termis. I drive without db-killers and that`s pretty much max noise I can tolerate with earplugs.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Anyone rocking a tank bag they like? I don't need nothing big, just something to toss a water bottle and a couple other miscellaneous things in.

Side note- Went on a ride last Saturday, all the guys I was riding with just stared at the clutch whenever we were getting ready to take off. Young kid/ new rider was with us, asked me what that was. I told him it was the same thing that was on his yammie, just way cooler, lol.
I have this mini tank bag (nelson rigg cl1010) for 5 years and love it. I like it so much that I just left it on all the time. The white strap is because I lost the original black.

The bad news is I did a quick search and it’s discontinued. But Nelson rigg has great products and good prices

1621 - 1627 of 1627 Posts