Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1561 - 1575 of 1575 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually, not looking good:

Unfortunately our stocked item was sold prior to your on-line order coming in.
I am currently awaiting confirmation from our supplier that this part is still available. It is no longer listed on their website.

If it is no longer available your order will be cancelled and full payment refunded.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I took a lathe to the throttle tube today so I can install some heated trips. Turned out pretty well (I'd already done some trimming with pliers and a bench grinder in the first pic). I still ended up trimming some rubber off the end of the grip (Koso Apollo grips) and I'm not real happy with the final appearance, but it'll be Fine.

Also, last week I went through and cleaned up all the connections between the battery, solenoid, starter, and ground: disconnected, cleaned with fine sand paper and steel wool, reassembled with a little bit of dielectric grease. I had one 68° day where I gave up trying to start it after 3 attempts; this morning it started right up at 45°. I also changed the oil back to 10W-40 (previous owner ran 20W-50). Both have contributed to much faster starting. I may still go with the motolectric.com cables, but a little maintenance made that less urgent.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
So take one old school hyper, go exploring for 231 miles in West Texas, and what do a find? A swap where there used to be desert! Great ride and the Rio Grande rages! For those of you snow bound! Come to West Texas and ride the mountain trail. We were so close to Mexico I literally spit on it! By the way no wall, and bandits abound so 200 rounds of 9mm is a new riding equipment! Lol seriously dont ride here at night!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,570
^^^
Looks like you're having fun exploring! :)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
That's Mexico across the water, and then Mexico invaded! Guess we need a detour!
... and the cartels waiting just out of sight over that southern ridge ... some joker with a .50 cal sniper rifle had you in the crosshairs as you snapped the pic ....
:oops:

(I live in Yuma Az btw, I can see the border if I stand up in the bed of my pickup truck in my driveway and look south).

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
With a little common sense you are alright here. Again you dont do this road at night. The mountain road section is safe, it's far enough in land. You pick up the Mountain trail in Van Horn, Texas.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1561 - 1575 of 1575 Posts