Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 1575 Posts

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,541
Fifty thou, that's some serious Hyper-ing! :) Nice job. Hey, what kind of exhaust is that? Factory mufflers shortened? Any more pics?

·
Mexican Ducatista
913 Posts
Almost 50,000 on my GEN 1, 1100. Thinking about customizing it. Need to repaint the frame and the engine. Think I maybe tired of all red. Custom paint rims black and red, beak a glossy black, red and black combo on the tank. Tired of flat black and carbon, just dont know.
Fifty thou, that's some serious Hyper-ing! :) Hey, what kind of exhaust is that? Factory mufflers shortened? Any more pics?
I am also curious about your exhaust.
Can we have a closer look?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Almost 50,000 on my GEN 1, 1100. Thinking about customizing it. Need to repaint the frame and the engine. Think I maybe tired of all red. Custom paint rims black and red, beak a glossy black, red and black combo on the tank. Tired of flat black and carbon, just dont know.
Purple, with metal flake green, neon yellow wheels, with a fully chromed frame.

Totally L.A. low rider. Whittier Locos, yo!

>:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
That`s nice looking exhaust :yeah: I have considered shortening the termignonis but I`m afraid it would be too loud and that`s permanent mod. It`s almost too loud already but would look much nicer with shorted mufflers.

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,546
I found your exhaust pics!
:surprise:

Wow, the outlet is certainly something to behold! I can't imagine how loud that must be, especially magnified by the wide opening. Unless there's a hidden baffle, you must be taking the old saying of "they can hear you coming" to a whole new level. I think my 2-1 Termi system is loud with my helmet on, can't image what it was like putting 50k on that setup. You're hardcore! :grin2:

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Still running it like that! Makes Harleys hide in terror! You can hear the cams! Sounds like a NASCAR V8.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
That`s nice looking exhaust :yeah: I have considered shortening the termignonis but I`m afraid it would be too loud and that`s permanent mod. It`s almost too loud already but would look much nicer with shorted mufflers.
It is socially unacceptable! Fits the whole Hyper attitude! Back off the exhaust at about 4000 rpm and the scavenging is almost orgasmic! Try not to start early so neighbors dont hate me. I'm 60 years old but that bike makes me 25! Lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
It is socially unacceptable! Fits the whole Hyper attitude! Back off the exhaust at about 4000 rpm and the scavenging is almost orgasmic! Try not to start early so neighbors dont hate me. I'm 60 years old but that bike makes me 25! Lol

I`m more worried about my own hearing than the neighbours :D Shoei GT-Air and Alpine Motosafe plugs and I still get "odd feeling" in the ears after 100km non-stop ride :crazy:

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,551

Got the motard weighed. Lightweight battery and a few deletes. Overall looks like approximately 9 pounds off stock
Bike is looking beautiful as ever! :) Thanks for the updated pic, you keep it very clean. Our bikes are very close in weight. Yes, the stock battery is crazy heavy compared to a lithium variant isn't it! Great weight saving.

(This new updated forum design is taking some time for me to get used to from a visual perspective!)

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,326 Posts

Bike is looking beautiful as ever! :) Thanks for the updated pic, you keep it very clean. Our bikes are very close in weight. Yes, the stock battery is crazy heavy compared to a lithium variant isn't it! Great weight saving.

(This new updated forum design is taking some time for me to get used to from a visual perspective!)
Wish I rode as often as I used to in California. Unfortunately this was the last time I was able too before turning her in for winter. Before this, it had been 3 months from my last visit. Not a hint of getting rid, just wishing I had more roads to ride in the mid west. :(

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know if the mid pipe (between the cat and the silencer) on a 796 will fit an '08 1100? The 796 doesn't appear to have the exhaust flap.

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,554
Wish I rode as often as I used to in California. Unfortunately this was the last time I was able too before turning her in for winter. Before this, it had been 3 months from my last visit. Not a hint of getting rid, just wishing I had more roads to ride in the mid west.
I hear you! California has some of the best riding roads. If I lived down there, my bike would certainly have a lot more miles on it. Glad to see you're still checking in. It seems like ever since the updates that it's slowed down in this section.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,326 Posts
Does anyone know if the mid pipe (between the cat and the silencer) on a 796 will fit an '08 1100? The 796 doesn't appear to have the exhaust flap.
If youre talking about the headers, no. But the pipe after the rearset going to the muffler works fine

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can you order these from the US anywhere?
Not that I could find. Evotech doesn’t even list them on their site anymore. The price wasn’t awful: the USD is fairly strong. Looks like about $102 Freedom Dollars delivered to the US via DHL Express. I ordered last Friday at ~1pm Sydney time and had them in my hands Monday morning.

I took a quick ride with them tonight and really like the difference. With the balls of my feet on the pegs my heels are no longer kicked out to the sides. Much more comfortable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not that I could find. Evotech doesn’t even list them on their site anymore. The price wasn’t awful: the USD is fairly strong. Looks like about $102 Freedom Dollars delivered to the US via DHL Express. I ordered last Friday at ~1pm Sydney time and had them in my hands Monday morning.

I took a quick ride with them tonight and really like the difference. With the balls of my feet on the pegs my heels are no longer kicked out to the sides. Much more comfortable.
Great, I've messaged them and will order. Quick Q - Did you order Qty. 1? Does that mean a pair or do you need to order Qty. 2 to make up the pair? It's unclear from the website.

1541 - 1560 of 1575 Posts