Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1566 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Would be helpful if we knew what bike you are on :) Put it in your signature to make it easier. As far as gaskets, no, just the springs but use a sealant at each joint or you WILL get exhaust leaks and some popping. By "complete" I am assuming the Race ECU is present?
I didn`t use any sealant on 2-1-2 Termi-set (it`s with clamps, don`t know does it affect) . Didn`t notice any popping but joints obviously leak a little because some carbon black occurs in joints.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would be helpful if we knew what bike you are on :) Put it in your signature to make it easier. As far as gaskets, no, just the springs but use a sealant at each joint or you WILL get exhaust leaks and some popping. By "complete" I am assuming the Race ECU is present?
Updated it! Sorry relatively new here.

But yes race ECU and MWR flat filter on the way.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,320 Posts
It's one of those Rizoma oil hose guards as pictured below. Unfortunately, like many aftermarket parts for these bikes now, they're no longer offered and all the online shops I checked that still listed them on their site didn't have any left either.

Dude, super jealous.

I had been wanting one of these bad boys for awhile too. Havent been avidly searching but told myself if one popped up I would snag one.

Nice score, was literally about to make sure you powder coat it before it goes on. Throw a picture when youre done.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,506
Alright, got it back from the coater and mounted. Nice little piece, seems to blend in on the bike.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that's for the 2-2 exhaust tail. The Termi 2-1 eliminates a lot of the potential mounting point so I'm going to mount it and see what i can do after the fact. Thanks for your help regardless!
Yep, sorry, must've missed the 2 into 1 detail....

·
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,509
Beautiful bike!
Thanks, hope I'm not the only one that enjoys staring at their Hyper in the garage on occasion or stopping mid way through a ride just to take in the beauty of what what you're riding. The original is still the best Hyper made and ever was.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks, hope I'm not the only one that enjoys staring at their Hyper in the garage on occasion or stopping mid way through a ride just to take in the beauty of what what you're riding. The original is still the best Hyper made and ever was.
Couldn't agree more. We all have matching SPs.

·
0 Posts
Sitting and admiring motorcycles, all motorcycles, goes back to the beginning of two-wheeled history.

That said, after wasting thousands of hours looking, nothing beats taking in the glory of the Hyper on the top of the ridge with your pulse hammering from the ride up.

(thought you were rid of me didn't you?)

·
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,512 (Edited)
Sitting and admiring motorcycles, all motorcycles, goes back to the beginning of two-wheeled history.

That said, after wasting thousands of hours looking, nothing beats taking in the glory of the Hyper on the top of the ridge with your pulse hammering from the ride up.

(thought you were rid of me didn't you?)
Amen to that one!

Dr. John is back in the house! Good to see you back, guy! :)

Posting as a guest I see.... lost your password? :D

·
Registered
588 Posts
Amen to that one!

Dr. John is back in the house! Good to see you back, guy! :)

Posting as a guest I see.... lost your password? :D
Good to be back. Not lost, discarded. Took a digital break for a few years, I highly recommend it. The admins have reopened my account so I won't be mistaken for for a new more annoying Dr. John.

I've lurked here occasionally and am happy to see the love for the one true Hyper has not dimmed.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Good to be back. Not lost, discarded. Took a digital break for a few years, I highly recommend it. The admins have reopened my account so I won't be mistaken for for a new more annoying Dr. John.

I've lurked here occasionally and am happy to see the love for the one true Hyper has not dimmed.
Nay good sir........the love continues. I recently purchased a 2008 with 5200 miles and completely stock. I also purchased a wrecked one on the cheap to have a few spares and goodies. If I can ever get away from work, I'll go get the damn thing. :crying:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Nay good sir........the love continues. I recently purchased a 200base Hyper is the purest8 with 5200 miles and completely stock. I also purchased a wrecked one on the cheap to have a few spares and goodies. If I can ever get away from work, I'll go get the damn thing. :crying:
Now that's good planning. I can never find a wrecked one that's worth it.

I have the 08 red, stock, (not any more) basic Hyper because that's all you could get in late 07. I don't need all the bells, whistles, or electronic interventions the new ones have. The Hyper is the purest riding experience I've ever had outside of a few rare Brit bikes.

I do wish I had the forks off the S version but hey it's always something.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fuel tank cap adjustment ?

For some reason after the winter my fuel cap feels very tight :confused: Is there adjustment or something in it ? The springs move and everything seems fine from the outside.

·
Registered
431 Posts
For some reason after the winter my fuel cap feels very tight :confused: Is there adjustment or something in it ? The springs move and everything seems fine from the outside.
May wanna check for the dreaded tank expansion. Havent heard of it making a gas cap hard to remove but I could see it happening. Ya leave ethanol gas in it over the winter by any chance?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey ya'll need some technical expertise.

I may have goofed - I have been dealing with a high idle issue with my 2011 Hypermotard since I bought it. Today I decided to check out the throttle linkage just in case that was causing the issue. (This is after adjusting,cleaning, and clearing just about every sensor and item I could find.)

Well I decided to troubleshoot the throttle stop screw and move it out just a bit to give the throttle a micrometer more room to close. Two turns in and the mount for the screw snaps. I may have been a little too eager/frustrated/careless. (Pics attached)

HOWEVER - now I no longer have a high-idle, the bike pulls better in first gear and exhaust popping has all stopped. The idle is sitting at 12-1300 when it's supposed to be at 1450-1500 which worries me. And the throttle seems to stick for a moment.

I adjusted the throttle cable to pick up all but maybe 5% of the slack.

My question is, if anyone can answer - is it unsafe to ride like this? Can I pull the slack in the line or is that necessary?
(my worry is the throttle plates may be closing flush with the body and idk if thats ok)

Many thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
2012 HM EVO SP Suspension rebuild

My fork seals have begun to leak on my 2012 evo SP.

13k miles

I might as well take the shock out and rebuild it as well.

Is there write ups or rebuild kits you guys reccomend?

Thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
Try a seal-mate (Google it) on the fork seals before doing anything expensive. Once you've figured out how to do it, a few minutes can fix a leaky seal like new.
Tip no. 1. - You can make out of thin, stiff, flexy plastic quite easily, but make sure you don't leave and rough or ragged edges that might tear a seal.
Tip no. 2. - Bounce the forks 30 or 40 times after use to get the seals to re-bed.

1501 - 1520 of 1566 Posts