Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1627 Posts

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts
Perfect subject. i want to know what is unsuitable for the air cooled hyper to ride in? I'm new to it so help a brother out.. i live in california so cal. so it can get hot. how is the transition from pavement to trails? anything i need to know? its limitations if any???
It's a sport bike sans full fairings, but it has handlebars and goofy geometry, so whatever you're comfortable in should be ok. I prefer it in tighter and/or rougher roads, but it gets a little sketchy around 105+ indicated...just pay attention and it'll be good. I ride mine everyday to work and use it for weekend rides.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Very nice 69 beelzebob! Favorite year of the first gen Camaro's. Nice to have some muscle around when not thumping on the hyper. I'm old school and the first gen hyper just works so well.

Congrats on the future magazine feature... nice when all the hard work comes together on a restoration.

Hyper owners seem to have good taste in four wheel vehicles as well.

When not on my hyper some four wheel aggression sessions are in my hemicuda. Please excuse jumping off topic beelzebob 69 got me heated up.
Finally took full coverage off her.

Save myself 80$ a month. It has a salvage title after a low side, so I guess no sense in paying for full cov.

Everytime I go to sell the thing, I ride it and then realize salvage ducati's are hard to sell!

Owned it 1.5yrs and unfortunately have only gone on a ride 2x in the last 6 months. :(

How many of you guys keep the hypermotard even though you do not ride it often? :confused:

How do you justify it?
I have the same problem . I ride my hyper maybe twice a month , always on my Valkyrie . I love the hyper but am in more of a cruising frame of mind. I think about selling it but then I take for a ride and I don't want to sell it anymore. Hate to let it sit. I have it on craigslist now just seeing if there's any interest .if I can get most of my money out of it I'd sell It .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any air cooled Hyper owners out there have rearsets or damper they don't want or need anymore? If I do one more trackday with these stock pegs they are going to have holes wore in them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 08 1100 did not come with passenger pegs, I don't even know what they look like or where they fit on the bike. Anyone have a picture of their stock set-up?

·
Registered
150 Posts
You know, I've put less than 1200 miles since I picked up the 821SP more than a year ago. It was 10 times more miles on the 1100S! :D

Man I miss the 2V torque!

On a sidenote, I still have a PCIII if anyone is interested.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,342 Posts
Your Hypers always look great foxracing. I know you miss that Air cooled honey bunny but your 821 SP is absolutely the best looking 2nd gen I have seen hands down. Impeccable taste, friend :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the pics! I better go through my box of stock-parts again and see if I got those passenger pegs. My rear sets are not installed but I have them.

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #115

·
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Thanks!
It's a streetfighter cover.
Found it on ebay.
You can order it as an OEM part (from the streetfighter parts catalog of course). Just make sure to order the gasket and bolts as well.
Thanks,

Yes, I have the same one. Nice upgrade to the bike; the magnesium saves a bit of weight and adds some OEM style.

Attachments

·
Mexican Ducatista
951 Posts
Thanks,

Yes, I have the same one. Nice upgrade to the bike; the magnesium saves a bit of weight and adds some OEM style.
Is that an old picture?
I learned it was possible from a post here in Ducati.ms and your bike looks strangely familiar.

·
Mexican Ducatista
951 Posts
Thanks,

Have you ever replaced the "forged Marchesini" decals on the wheels?
Mine are peeling off and I'm having a hard time finding originals

·
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Is that an old picture?
I learned it was possible from a post here in Ducati.ms and your bike looks strangely familiar.
It is an old photo. Here is the thread I made about it last year.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/92-hypermotard/190865-new-additions-evo-sp-skid-plate-1098-sf-oem-clutch-cover-photos.html

Have you ever replaced the "forged Marchesini" decals on the wheels?
Mine are peeling off and I'm having a hard time finding originals
I haven't. I tried searching in Google "Forged Marchesini rim decals" and this is what came up. https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=forged+marchesini+rim+decals

101 - 120 of 1627 Posts