Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

921 - 940 of 1614 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
My Arrow cans came in today and I managed to get them installed. Everything went really smooth, extremely well made system, and my god, the sound with the baffels out is just amazing. System sealed up nicely, used ultra copper, and cant find a leak. Beautiful bead welds all around.

Funny thing, the baffels actually came tack welded in with a tiny square of metal, which I just popped off and sanded down lightly with a dremel. The slid out with a little coaxing. They have the standard expanding c-clamp, which holds them in if I choose to use them.

Here's a few pics. Ill try n get a video with some sound clips.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Finally got my Hyper 796 up to my local shop, Livengood Motorsports, and had them install the Rapid Bike Evo and dyno dune it properly.

The base run was done once all mods were already installed with the factory tune. The bike runs absolutely amazing now. Pulls strong and smooth from about 1500 rpms with stock gearing, with no chatter. Was pretty unrideable under 3.5k before tune. Haven't had a chance to stretch her legs yet, but Ill get her in the mountains this weekend. Just got a new set of Power 2ct's.

Mods are Leo Vince headers, Arrow Street Thunder underseat Shorty's, BMC Filter, Modded Airbox and Rapid Bike Evo.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dude I have an '96 SS and and HM too, and I'm from DOT! Ha. Do still have OEM left hand guard? Any pic of your motogadget signal set up?

Sorry, just seeing this (not on here much) I do have the left OEM setup but I had to dismantle it to get at the wiring.
No pix of Motogadget set, but I'll take some tomorrow and post. I like it MUCH better than stock! Blinkers are much brighter and can be seen front and rear. Mirrors are compact but I can see everything and they don't loosen up and vibrate like stock.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I ditched the hand guards and mirrors after I had a minor tipover ($600+ per side!!) and went with these.
Now, I can actually see what's behind me and the blinkers are much brighter. As a commuter in Boston, MA traffic, that matters!
I'm a couple suburbs away from you in Waltham, let me know if you want to get a beer!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a set of the 'hypermotard 1100 evo sp' stickers in AUS? The ones used on the tail pieces. I can only find them from US vendors and postage is like $50 to Australia.
Hey mate, I'm from Perth and will be back there for Xmas. I'll send you a PM...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Anyone with a 796 done an ECU reflash? I know lots of the 1100 guys have but is there anyone that has a flash for the 796? Somewhere in Canada would be even better.

My bike runs well but I stink of un-burnt fuel all the time. My backpack has to be left in the garage.

Bike has:
DP ECU
Termis
DP intake/K&N filter
LV cat delete

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I know im a long way away but, check with CJS racing (theyre over here in the UK) his place is about 15 minutes drive from my house. I take all of my bikes to his dyno. While i can do that one of the services he also offers is a "flashmap" essentially he turns your stock ecu into a race ecu along with some of his own tweaks also. In there he deletes the o2 sensors and the flapper valve motor. Now i know, as you say he does this for the 1100 (ive got an evo sp) but i believe the 796's ecu is the same as the evo series. Heres his webpage...

CJS RACING Ducati Cylinder Heads Tuning Gas Flow Dyno ECU Custom Mapping Bristol Bath

Text him - he doesnt come back straight away but he will come back to you. I know that he sends stuff all over the world so if you can do without your ecu for a week then that would be a good thing to do....he's definately reliable and ive known him for years. Nice bloke. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I know im a long way away but, check with CJS racing (theyre over here in the UK) his place is about 15 minutes drive from my house. I take all of my bikes to his dyno. While i can do that one of the services he also offers is a "flashmap" essentially he turns your stock ecu into a race ecu along with some of his own tweaks also. In there he deletes the o2 sensors and the flapper valve motor. Now i know, as you say he does this for the 1100 (ive got an evo sp) but i believe the 796's ecu is the same as the evo series. Heres his webpage...

CJS RACING Ducati Cylinder Heads Tuning Gas Flow Dyno ECU Custom Mapping Bristol Bath

Text him - he doesnt come back straight away but he will come back to you. I know that he sends stuff all over the world so if you can do without your ecu for a week then that would be a good thing to do....he's definately reliable and ive known him for years. Nice bloke. Hope that helps.
Oh yeah mate, I can go months without my ECU there is a foot of snow here!:grin2: I am taking my snowmobile for a ride today.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep that as a back up plan if there isn't anyone here.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I am very happy with my Rexxer remap for my 1100. Richmond Ducati in Vancouver can load the map and there is one other dealer in Quebec. Takes an hour to load and made a vast improvement to the bottom end as well as overall ride ability. Best 350 I have spent so far.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am very happy with my Rexxer remap for my 1100. Richmond Ducati in Vancouver can load the map and there is one other dealer in Quebec. Takes an hour to load and made a vast improvement to the bottom end as well as overall ride ability. Best 350 I have spent so far.
Ah perfect, that is the answer I was looking for $350 CDN is a lot different than $350 USD and I don't have to worry about it going through customs! Thanks I will give them a call.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have another question for the air cooled hyper gurus....

In reading about the DP ECUs I read that some of them (or maybe all) disable to O2 sensors??

Is this the case with the DP ECU for the 796? Can anyone educate me on what changes that ECU makes? I am assuming it runs a richer fuel curve for the intake and exhaust, is that it?

Thanks for any education you guys can lay on me. I have been reading on the topic but most of the talk is on 1100s and it sounds like there is even some difference among them.

·
Registered
435 Posts

In reading about the DP ECUs I read that some of them (or maybe all) disable to O2 sensors??

Is this the case with the DP ECU for the 796? Can anyone educate me on what changes that ECU makes? I am assuming it runs a richer fuel curve for the intake and exhaust, is that it?

Thanks for any education you guys can lay on me. I have been reading on the topic but most of the talk is on 1100s and it sounds like there is even some difference among them.
I have a 796 and did a lot of research before making my decision on how best to tune.

I am almost certain that the DP ECU just richens the whole map and keep the 02 Sensors.

I went with a Rapid Bike Evo and got it dyno tuned. Yes, its probably the most expensive option, but i haven't seen any other 796 pull the numbers mine does.

Best of luck! And if you tune it, post up your chart!

Here's mine

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a 796 and did a lot of research before making my decision on how best to tune.

I am almost certain that the DP ECU just richens the whole map and keep the 02 Sensors.

I went with a Rapid Bike Evo and got it dyno tuned. Yes, its probably the most expensive option, but i haven't seen any other 796 pull the numbers mine does.

Best of luck! And if you tune it, post up your chart!

Here's mine
Yeah it was actually your post a few back that got me thinking about doing something more!

I think you are right about the ECU. From what I have read there are two versions for the 1100 a full system that does switch off the o2 sensors and a slip-on system that does not. I am guessing the 796 just gets a slip-on one.

I would love to dyno tune as you have, however the only dyno tuners in these parts do Harleys. I live on the prairies so Harleys are popular here (long straight roads). There are only 8 Hypers in my Province (same as a state).

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
388 Posts

Totally depends on the system. The full system on my 2010 Evo retains the o2 sensors but should be dis abled with the remap. Best thing is to contact David at Rexxer, he actually writes the program that the local dealer then loads. He can build the map to whatever system you have so dial in your performance choices first. If you have the stock ECU I would reprogram that one and if you like the results, sell the DP ECU.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Quick question: Ever since I purchased my hyper 796, I have notice the rear brake only engages at the very bottom of the throw.

I know the foot lever is slightly adjustable, but it is at the max of its adjustment and still a very long throw.

Does anyone else experience this? Could it possible be the master at fault? Any quick/easy solution?

Thanks

·
Registered
662 Posts
@HyperJB getting the obvious out of the way, has it been bled? My first guess would be air in the system.

Mind you, I don't know about the 796 but on the 1100 if there is air in the rear brake caliper then it's not that easy to get out. You might have to get the caliper off and elevated to get the bubble to the bleed nipple.

·
Registered
388 Posts
@hyperjb getting the obvious out of the way, has it been bled? My first guess would be air in the system.

Mind you, i don't know about the 796 but on the 1100 if there is air in the rear brake caliper then it's not that easy to get out. You might have to get the caliper off and elevated to get the bubble to the bleed nipple.
+1

921 - 940 of 1614 Posts