Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

901 - 920 of 1614 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I finally got my hands on a racing seat and did this visual comparison to satisfy my own curiosity. If anyone else still wonders about the stock vs comfort/low vs racing seat; here they are.

Top: Comfort seat (a.k.a. "low seat")
Middle: Stock seat
Bottom: Racing seat

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Ive been running the low seat and really dig the looks but would love to get my hands on a race seat. The comfort seat is just too low for me at 6ft.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I found a race seat for this year. I wasn't sure how it was going to feel on a longer day but I have found that I actually prefer it over the stock for long days in the saddle. It addition to feeling better it looks way better!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
58 Posts
Funny you ask that, I was trying to figure out how to do the same thing. So far I figure the only way I can see is to enlarge the bar end hole to fit the mirror mount. But I'm thinking the handguard plastic is too think and will get in the way of the mount.

Lately I have been thinking of ditching the handguards. Has anyone seen a good alternative for front signal mounts??
I ditched the hand guards and mirrors after I had a minor tipover ($600+ per side!!) and went with these.
Now, I can actually see what's behind me and the blinkers are much brighter. As a commuter in Boston, MA traffic, that matters!

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fork extensions to get husaberg 550 21" wheel to clear frnt cylinder.
1x caliper offset and gripping 320mm husaberg motard disk.
CRF 250 frnt guard... 450 rear.
BMW f650 pre '99 rear wheel with 6 legged cushdrive... spaced to suit hyper chain run, with new carrier bearing in spacer.
14/39 gearing as built now.
KTM 950SM caliper on f650 disc.
Stock seat cut and recovered.
Stock pipe with cat outlet pointed rearwards... rear cylinder pipe modified to go thru swingarm.
Mechanism in swingarm to keep ends moving together during forward movement at 1st gearchange.
ST4/2 steel swingarm with hyper spec bearing housings welded and machined.
Bolt on extensions....
...and heaps more....

Handles good (first impressions), front quite raked now... its raised 4 1/2" with extensions plus big wheel.
When short the wheelbase is about 3" ova stock for easier sliding and stability offroad, jus like an MX or adventure bike.

A grunty trail bike that carves the forest when short... a mad thing to play on when long

:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I finally got my hands on a racing seat and did this visual comparison to satisfy my own curiosity. If anyone else still wonders about the stock vs comfort/low vs racing seat; here they are.

Top: Comfort seat (a.k.a. "low seat")
Middle: Stock seat
Bottom: Racing seat

what was the true height difference on the low seat ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
12K Service

Gents...

Ive hit my 12k service on my 08 1100S Hyper and I'm getting quotes of $1,200-$1,600 CDN. I'm wondering if that is in line for the service? Seems like at lot to me, buuut given the probable work they have to do.. Just thought I would throw that out there. I'm in Vancouver BC.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
49 Posts
IIRC, the local Ducati dealer quoted me around US$1000 recently for a full service. I do all my own work so that represents a substantial savings to me.:grin2:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Gents...

Ive hit my 12k service on my 08 1100S Hyper and I'm getting quotes of $1,200-$1,600 CDN. I'm wondering if that is in line for the service? Seems like at lot to me, buuut given the probable work they have to do.. Just thought I would throw that out there. I'm in Vancouver BC.
It's hard to compare costs intercontinentally, but FWIW my 12k cost me AUD $940 without belts (I haven't been doing a lot of km's so I do my belts out of sync with the main service schedule). Add in the belts and we're probably in the same ballpark.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Gents...

What do you guys think?
FWIW, that is about the same amount I paid (the equivalent of $1,450 CAD) for that service on my 09 1100S in Norway, at an authorized dealer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Gents...

What do you guys think?
At a Ducati Dealer -Yeah its about $1000 here in the US for my 2009 Hyper that I just had done for its 15k mile svs (is the same as 7500mi). That includes Valve Adjustment, New belts, flush brake and clutch fluid, oil change, new spark plugs, grease pivot points, lube and adjust chain if necessary, reset svs wrench.

I do my own oil change, spark plugs so I was able to save a couple hundred.

The biggest cost is the valve adjustment - takes time to remove the gas tank, wiring, etc. Belts are about $90 each.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Finally got around to fitting my Ventura Imola seat pack and going for a test ride to make sure nothing fell off or fouled the exhaust or something:

It's a damn shame I could trust it enough to pack my camera gear, because there were whales frolicking at my usual turnaround spot (there's one in this smartphone pic if you look hard enough):

·
Registered
447 Posts
There was a lad on here in Australia who managed to get his to 100k...the clock stopped so he had to get a new one. While it looked like a right shed he always had it serviced and it never failed on him. He used to ride it in all weather too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
There was a lad on here in Australia who managed to get his to 100k...the clock stopped so he had to get a new one. While it looked like a right shed he always had it serviced and it never failed on him. He used to ride it in all weather too.

Yes 100k from Australia! My hero!

I can only ride 6-8 months but try to drive as much as possible!

·
Registered
447 Posts
So he said in his thread he would ride in all weather's as when it rained it was always hot or at least warm... It's really nice to know they can take that kind of mileage... Mines only just ticked over 10000!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ditched the hand guards and mirrors after I had a minor tipover ($600+ per side!!) and went with these.
Now, I can actually see what's behind me and the blinkers are much brighter. As a commuter in Boston, MA traffic, that matters!
Dude I have an '96 SS and and HM too, and I'm from DOT! Ha. Do still have OEM left hand guard? Any pic of your motogadget signal set up?

901 - 920 of 1614 Posts