Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1713 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sigh, Have noted of recent, general forum is going to the dogs.
Many moons ago (back in the air cooled HM days) all we were interested in discussing was fundamentally: "how to set up the bike to handle" & "how to extract more power".
The latest generation of quasi HM forum inhabitants define "set up" as what colour bars to fit and best way to install your mobile phone and what pretty colour bling thingy suits. S'pose they have to make sure that their new toy matches their D&G shoes and latest Alpinestars tee-shirt. :confused:
Please let this thread continue in the original spirit of sensible tech talk!! :think:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've been looking into getting a new rear sprocket but I'm a little confused. Every sprocket I look at seems you need to buy a new rear sprocket carrier to fit it. Does anyone know a company that sells a 43T rear sprocket that doesn't need a new carrier?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

Many moons ago (back in the air cooled HM days) all we were interested in discussing was fundamentally: "how to set up the bike to handle" & "how to extract more power".

The latest generation of quasi HM forum inhabitants define "set up" as what colour bars to fit and best way to install your mobile phone and what pretty colour bling thingy suits. S'pose they have to make sure that their new toy matches their D&G shoes and latest Alpinestars tee-shirt. :confused:

Please let this thread continue in the original spirit of sensible tech talk!! :think:

Exactly ....... I'm staying on this thread

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hahahha!! Well said, sir. It's funny, seems most things end up becoming like that. The early adopters are into it because it speaks to something in them deep inside and then suddenly it reaches critical mass and the marketers and bling people just run it into the ground. Bikes, music, cars, everything. A great example these days is all the slammed bikes I see. All I ever think is man there's no way you're catching a little air with that POS and good luck with that next speed bump, lol. Somehow when something becomes all about looks it just starts to suck. I guess people are entitled to be into different things but somehow style just doesn't strike me as fun. Guess that's why I ride my bikes and barely ever clean them :)

·
Premium Member
12,219 Posts
Member when hey THAT GUY just put in a lightened flywheel!!!
& the DP cams are not as lumpy as they should be WTF???

maybe the factory has LIMITED the availability to get more OOMPH outta the motor , and with the regulations out there and in effect more stringently , the riders are loosing the desire to bump them up a notch.

The sound workings of the water cooled engine wet clutch and DUCATI MUST be on the side of the regulators to build a "Sensible Sane" product.

When Mothers cry when their baby (Sons & or Daughters ) are injured or killed on the dreaded Motorcycles , politicians will jump on the band wagon.

Motorcycling is changing , See the SAFTEY stickers on the new bikes that SCREAM ( well maybe whisper) that this is a bike equipped with the latest safety features and warning devices , that take over when all goes to sh!t in a heartbeat, during an accident/ incident.
When Machines take control when wheel spin gets determined or brakes are taken over to control a PERCIEVED condition.

Welcome to the new world of power delivery, and who has control the rider or the regulators...

·
Registered
587 Posts
still here and breathing after my hyper wreck,and hell i enjoy the 08 hyper so much i built her again!...and still loving every minute of her...of course with improved 112-117 rwhp and some weight reduction...lol
There must be a big bore kit with a lightened crank involved to get that kind of rwhp. That thing must do 5th gear power wheelies. :D It's not hard on the eye either nice reincarnation.
Just took mine out for a whipping just being out of shoulder surgery (1 month out of the sling) , this was the first real ride (knee replacement end of next month :mad:). This hasn't been a great riding season for me , but I would like to ad that my bike checks off all of the boxes on my list. I did manage to finish my 69 this year though and have about 300 miles on it . Pretty happy Chevy Hi Performance wants to do a feature on it .

opps sorry it's water cooled :p

·
Registered
588 Posts
We'll give you a pass on that water cooled beast, it is a first generation after all.

And have you noticed that when we talk about taking Hypers out it's always for a "thrashing", a "romp" a "beating" or some similar description.

I hear that it's possible to just putter down to the store, I've just never seen it done.

·
Premium Member
12,219 Posts
Is that FORD BLUE???
Yah didn't screw it up too bad....

Sarcasm at its worst ....Just messing with cha.
NICE very nice. looks like Fun.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We'll give you a pass on that water cooled beast, it is a first generation after all.

And have you noticed that when we talk about taking Hypers out it's always for a "thrashing", a "romp" a "beating" or some similar description.

I hear that it's possible to just putter down to the store, I've just never seen it done.

Yea I can't seem to "Putter" anywhere on mine either. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
There must be a big bore kit with a lightened crank involved to get that kind of rwhp. That thing must do 5th gear power wheelies. :D It's not hard on the eye either nice reincarnation.
Just took mine out for a whipping just being out of shoulder surgery (1 month out of the sling) , this was the first real ride (knee replacement end of next month :mad:). This hasn't been a great riding season for me , but I would like to ad that my bike checks off all of the boxes on my list. I did manage to finish my 69 this year though and have about 300 miles on it . Pretty happy Chevy Hi Performance wants to do a feature on it .

opps sorry it's water cooled :p

Very nice 69 beelzebob! Favorite year of the first gen Camaro's. Nice to have some muscle around when not thumping on the hyper. I'm old school and the first gen hyper just works so well.

Congrats on the future magazine feature... nice when all the hard work comes together on a restoration.

Hyper owners seem to have good taste in four wheel vehicles as well.

When not on my hyper some four wheel aggression sessions are in my hemicuda. Please excuse jumping off topic beelzebob 69 got me heated up.

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
At least Dodge didn't drop the ball with the new one (looks wise). I just had a chance to buy a 70 SE vert. for 3000$ just missed it ....only 600 made :mad:.

61 - 80 of 1713 Posts