Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok .. cutting and pasting my earlier comments on another thread to make it easier :D

"im thinking that Pedrosa has had his run and wont make podium next race ... off the back of the last 2 performances and post race comments i expect him to come unstuck under the pressure he has put on himself . That leaves room for crutchlow to step up for his first podium behind stoner and lorenzo"

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well we all know what happened to Pedro' last year at this track...
I think he'll do well this year.

Stoner totally dominated and won by 14 seconds. He may not win by that much this year but who knows? He'll definitely win though, and easily.

Lorenzo had a shit time of it so he'll be eager to do better.
Crutchlow had a rotter as well so he'll be looking to improve on that.

And let's not forget Rossi made it onto the podium! He had a great battle with Dovi. I doubt he'll be in the running for a top spot this year though.

But it is racing and anything can happen.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,654 Posts
The order of the first three just seems to be decided on the day by who feels the fittest, who can ride through the chatter and who chickens out the most when the front end goes away a few times.
Luck of the draw.

·
9,757 Posts
^Why bother?

In my opinion, the ducati's only hope for a decent result is in the rain, and the bike is gonna be so altered by midsummer that this race's data won't be as relevant for the future.

IMO Ducati fans need a good result. If Ducati wants data they can go testing, as there are no testing bans for factory riders anymore.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,654 Posts
So if Ducati can get data from testing, whats Rossi going to do for a living now ? (just kidding)

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
note his comments how he feels much better now a weight has been lifted .

I'm betting he will do far better than 12 wins to finish off his career - Im guessing 15 for the record books .

·
Registered
748 Posts
Once again, like 2007/11, he is the best rider, on the best bike. :)
Talk about stating the bleeding obvious!

When has this recipe for success not been the case for any champion? :think:

·
Registered
410 Posts
After a nasty highside in qualifying best of luck to Stefan Bradl for the race at Le Mans tomorrow!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Here is my prediction:

This thread will go off the deep end in less than 3 pages...

I won't name names but I'm sure the usual suspects will not disappoint.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Well ,,,, qualifying done and dusted, and THE RACE about 6 hours away ,,,, and nobody posting anything about who sits where on the grid :eek:

A VERY stuffed up session with the weather, but as always, those best prepared and able to adapt, rise to the top.

Dovi in third spot ,,,, WELL DONE that man.
Is it any surprise which bikes are in 1 & 2 ?
Stoner got baulked by a CRT bike when taking his last shot at a fast one.
I think he had something in reserve, and will show that in the race.
Rossi has made a pretty fair go of it ,,, 7th and not as far off the pace as he has been.
Hayden in 11th ??????? ,,, maybe put that down to a few not so well timed runs at a fast lap.

Chris V ,,,, 5 seconds off the pace, and last on the grid ,,,, hope he gets better sorted in the warm up and finishes higher up the placings in the race. he's one of the "nice guys" of the sport.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
The Moto3's are 4 laps into it, and already a few 2 bike falls in ATROCIOUS conditions.

If it's the same for the moto2's ,,,, it will be carnage.

If it's the same for the MotoGP ,,,,, then look for a BIG showing from the Ducatis,,,, and Chris Vermulen, who is a very well proven wet weather rider. He won't win it of course, but he could very well put a CRT bike mid field amongst the MotoGP bikes.

Cal Crutchlow also goes well in the wet.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Well done to Rossi.
The last 5 laps were good.
I bet Rossi is hoping for wet races for the rest of the season.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts