Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made it easy on myself by just cutting and pasting last weeks prediction - besides its sure to stir up a few here

:D

predictions for this weekend

Stoner for both pole and win .

Lorenzo and Pedroza 2nd and 3rd ..... Its just hard to see a change in the top three right now although that is sure to change as the bikes and riders settle in .

a battle between Hayden and Rossi this weekend although it may be for 6th , until Rossi dumps the front .... ( lets face it , he is due for one )

re CRT - Go Edwards !

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i want to see Crutchlow on the box.... and he has more time on this track than Jerez... i am thinking that it will be..
Jorge...
Stoner...
Crutchlow...
Pedrosa...
Dovi..
Bradl..
Spies...

then the rest...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Cal will fight for podium.
Stoner and Lorenzo for Nummer 1.
Bradl sixth.
Dovi Pedro in Between
Rossi and Hayden fight it out for seventh and eighth with satellite Duc teams.

Spies brings his bicycle and finishes in front of RdP.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Cal will fight for podium.

Spies brings his bicycle and finishes in front of RdP.
LOL thats a funny one. I'm worried about Spies. IF this keeps up he will be out of Moto GP for sure. Just look at him and look at his team mate on the same bike???

·
Registered
654 Posts
Since I did so awesome last week, I'm gonna let it ride:

My predictions:

* Stoner will take a back seat again to his teammate this weekend and will blame his machinery (or tires) but he will finish top 4.
* Spies will do a lot better than Qatar, I say 7th
* Rossi will finish 6th and complain
* Hayden will beat Rossi
* Edwards will beat all the CRT's and some of the GP's
* Bradl to 10th
* Tech 3 to 8th and 9th

The Ducati will be 1.1 secs off the pace which will be an improvement.
Come on Latte Commitee where's your prediction, lets see who's closest this week.:D

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1) Stoner
2) Lorenzo
3) Pedrosa
4) Crutchlow
5) Dovizioso
6) Spies
7) Hayden
8) Rossi
9) Barbera
10) Bradl

YAwn....

bring back the 990s....
c'mon Matt .... the championship may already have been won ;) but we have seen some good racing and some good results

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i', with you ^... i do miss the idea of the different designs and cylinder configurations of that era... but the 800 killed the prototypes...

so far i am liking '12... all three classes have been so far so good...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Anyone else noticed the lights on their leathers? What are they for vital signs, temp? :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
1) Stoner
2) Lorenzo
3) Pedrosa
4) Crutchlow
5) Dovizioso
6) Spies
7) Hayden
8) Rossi
9) Barbera
10) Bradl

YAwn....

bring back the 990s....
+1 :sleep:

The so called lower Moto classes are far more entertaining.

I'm going to be at the Silverstone Moto Gp in June, the Poms will go ape shit if Crutchlow does well there.

Craig

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
+1 :sleep:

The so called lower Moto classes are far more entertaining.

I'm going to be at the Silverstone Moto Gp in June, the Poms will go ape shit if Crutchlow does well there.

Craig
the lower Moto classes are more entertaining, but that is because all of the motors put out similar power. It's pretty much down to chassis and set ups..

The only way that MOTOGP will be anything like that is if the other bikes can catch up in performance to the Honda's and Yamaha's... Suzuki and Kawi tried.. and bailed.

If the Man has his way in the future... the Honda and the Yamaha will be neutered... (rev limits... controlled ECU's ).. and then the other bikes should be closer... and perhaps you will have your MOTO2 like racing. But is that what we really want to see?

I was reading an article with an interview by Mr. Noyes... was pretty interesting. Talking about how the MOTO2 bikes are far less powerful than the W.Supersport bikes... coming from a racer that left MOTO2 and is now in W.Supersport... The MOTO2 bikes have very similar motors, thus giving us the racing that we are enjoying..

But in the end... Racers will still have to be as fast as Jorge and Stoner...
I'm hoping that Cal gets his hands on a Factory Yamaha painted black... would be fun to see... and i hope that Pedrosa stays healthy all year and gives 'em a run as well... now if Spies could pull his head out of it?...
we will see...

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
the lower Moto classes are more entertaining, but that is because all of the motors put out similar power. It's pretty much down to chassis and set ups..

The only way that MOTOGP will be anything like that is if the other bikes can catch up in performance to the Honda's and Yamaha's... Suzuki and Kawi tried.. and bailed.

If the Man has his way in the future... the Honda and the Yamaha will be neutered... (rev limits... controlled ECU's ).. and then the other bikes should be closer... and perhaps you will have your MOTO2 like racing. But is that what we really want to see?

I was reading an article with an interview by Mr. Noyes... was pretty interesting. Talking about how the MOTO2 bikes are far less powerful than the W.Supersport bikes... coming from a racer that left MOTO2 and is now in W.Supersport... The MOTO2 bikes have very similar motors, thus giving us the racing that we are enjoying..

But in the end... Racers will still have to be as fast as Jorge and Stoner...
I'm hoping that Cal gets his hands on a Factory Yamaha painted black... would be fun to see... and i hope that Pedrosa stays healthy all year and gives 'em a run as well... now if Spies could pull his head out of it?...
we will see...
What you say is true & I agree. But, the Ducati of Barbera's is the fastest thing in a straight line, so I am not convinced it is about power output.
I believe Suzuki & Kawasaki could be there if there was an even playing field, in fact others like BMW, KTM, APRILIA would all be there if there was a format that they could work with. Tyre manufacturers need to be involved as well to add to the rivalry & competitiveness in the series.

A racing motorcycle should be engine, chassis, suspension, & tyres no electronics doing what the human brain can do.

That would make it about the motorcycle & the rider, then we would see the best combination win, just like the old days.

Craig

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
sounds good...

i should rephrase a bit...
Moto2... the motors are less powerful than they could be...
thus easier to ride at maximum output...
predictable performance equals more confidence....
all leading to more competition.

I agree about the tires... more the merrier...
But as far as the Ducati being the fastest?... yep... in a straight line. But also, the power delivery is something that Ducati should be really concentrating on...
always been a bit of a handful...
a bit of electronics mixed with engine design...

power output is important...
how the power is delivered is more important... Hayden has been talking about that since day one on the '12...

·
7,733 Posts
What's this BS about Stoner retiring? Lame reporting or lame racer?

MOTOGP.COM Story
Who could blame him if he did? He's earned enough to live a decent life and still has plenty of earning potential, he has a lovely wife and child he wants to be fully there for, and he'd be going out on top, fully vindicated, with nothing more to prove. :)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
That's crazy. I wonder if that opens up a Spot for the Doctor on the Repsol team? If its even true. Something tells me Stoner will say he was taken out of context. Maybe he's playing Honda for more money.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts