Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it seems like months and 100's of threads since Qatar ....

predictions for this weekend

Stoner for both pole and win . I think he will come to this track with something to prove after the disappointment of Qatar.

Lorenzo and Pedroza 2nd and 3rd ..... Its just hard to see a change in the top three right now although that is sure to change as the bikes and riders settle in .

a battle between Hayden and Rossi this weekend although it may be for 6th , until Rossi dumps the front .... ( lets face it , he is due for one )

Edwards to win the battle again for CRT . Go Edwards !

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I am going to go with a Spaniard on the top spot. I would like it to be Casey, but......Home town advantage etc etc etc.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Pedrosa for the win...
Jorge second....
Crutchlow third....
Spies fourth...

Dovi and Stoner both go down in the rain...

Ducati.... where are the Ducati's?... got beat by Edwards who had a great day in the rain...

could happen....

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
:sleep:

yawn

The Spanish guys will dump it trying to impress the crowd, Stoner will wipe the floor with them.

If it rains, same result, keep an eye on Bautista wet or dry

Hayden & Flossi mid pack, just in front of Edwards

Crutchlow & Spies 4th & 5th

New Bridgestones still shit

Craig

·
9,757 Posts

yawn

The Spanish guys will dump it trying to impress the crowd, Stoner will wipe the floor with them.

If it rains, same result, keep an eye on Bautista wet or dry

Hayden & Flossi mid pack, just in front of Edwards

Crutchlow & Spies 4th & 5th

New Bridgestones still shit

Craig
Unfortunately I totally agree... except for the Crutchlow and Spies part. Spies is leagues ahead of Crutchlow, on both a Superbike and a GP machine.

I see Crutchlow battling with Dovi for 5th, with Spies in 4th or even 3rd if one of the Spanish riders (coughPEDROSAcough) bins it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Oh no! Stoner/Rossi deja vu :eek:
Won't happen this year, Flossie won't be far enough up the grid to get under any of the front runners, he will be busy getting in Colins way.

Craig :sleep:

·
Registered
654 Posts
My predictions:

* Stoner will take a back seat again to his teammate this weekend and will blame his machinery (or tires) but he will finish top 4.
* Spies will do a lot better than Qatar, I say 7th
* Rossi will finish 6th and complain
* Hayden will beat Rossi
* Edwards will beat all the CRT's and some of the GP's
* Bradl to 10th
* Tech 3 to 8th and 9th

The Ducati will be 1.1 secs off the pace which will be an improvement

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
How quickly yall forget how fast Hayden was in the wet testing, he lead the wet sessions. Im hoping for hurricane levels of wetness and see Nicky on the box.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
How quickly yall forget how fast Hayden was in the wet testing, he lead the wet sessions. Im hoping for hurricane levels of wetness and see Nicky on the box.
You must have forgotten in last years Jerez race half the field fell off their bikes in front of Hayden thus moving him up to the 3rd podium spot. Some of the guys that fell off in front of Hayden to rekindle your memory : Stoner, Rossi, Simoncelli, Spies, Edwards to name a few.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
GPone Rossi interveiw on Jerez

Rossi come Alonso sorride alla pioggia

Valentino Rossi was looking relaxed and recharged at Jerez on Thursday, perhaps because his recent car racing adventure got him thinking about Ferrari and Alonso's surprise win in Malaysia. The weather looks like it could be on his side, with rain almost assured, as was the case last year: "The Ducati was very competitive in the wet, and it's a shame that the incident with Stoner compromised the result. I could have finished on the podium, or even won the race."
So you wouldn't mind racing in the rain again?
"The weather will be an important factor, and let's just say that it could work in our favor. But for the fans I'd prefer a dry race. It's the first GP in Europe, and there is always a big crowd, so wet weather would ruin the party a little bit."
What could we expect from you in the dry?
"Certainly not a fight for the win, but rather for less prestigious places. But I got good feedback from the bike at this track during the test, better than at Qatar, so we need to restart from there. We already have a lot of data, and we have new setups to try. During the last test I was 6th fastest, and in the race I'll try to improve on that. I really like this track a lot, and I've had some great races here."
There has been a lot of recent talk about you leaving Ducati...
"Leave Ducati? I wouldn't even think of it. We have a contract in place, and I'll give my very best right up until the end. The chances of seeing me on another bike are virtually zero."
Why the harsh words for Ducati in Qatar?
"Those words were the result of my disappointment. We have been trying to solve the same problems for over a year, without success, and that weighs on you. But I know that Filippo Preziosi and all the Ducati guys are working hard, and soon we will have updates to try."
When?
"I hope at Estoril, otherwise immediately after during the private tests. We continue to have problems with the power delivery, which is too harsh. I don't think the electronics can resolve everything, and we need other interventions.'
Many people are talking about a new engine with a tighter angle V...
"I keep hearing these rumors, but I don't know if that's the solution. A change like that would require a complete redesign of the engine, and that takes a long time."
What can you work on in the meantime?
"On the setup, to get the most possible out of our current package."
Would it have helped to test with Hayden at Mugello last week, since the new rules allow it?
"That test was scheduled before the season started, and it was already decided that only Hayden would run. There were no new parts to test, and next time I will be riding."
Are you hopeful about the new Bridgestone front tire?
"It will be interesting to understand its potential during a race weekend, but I don't think it will be a huge change."
And of course you are celebrating your 200th Grand Prix...
"When I think about it, I have mixed emotions. On the one hand I am happy, on the other it means that I've been around for a long time."

Read more: Rossi thinking like Alonso

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Those words from Rossi sounded mature, thoughtful, and even a bit hopeful. Far from the harsh diatribe he unleashed after Qatar.

I expect he'll do his best at Jerez. He probably won't win or podium even, but you can't ever count out a man who holds 9 titles and has won over 100 GPs.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Before any of you haters pile on Rossi, you should concern yourselves with Stoner's lack of success at Jerez. Not one MotoGP victory there.

Hell, when Stoner was riding a Duc, I resigned myself to accepting a poor result that round. He has had the worst luck at that circuit. There have been some freakish issues regarding him at this stop. That has got to be in the back of his head...

1 - 20 of 125 Posts