Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Looks fantastic. Any melting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I obviously can't speak for Pard but I believe I've had this setup for a bit longer as I rode with it pretty much the entire spring/summer. I had the heat deflectors installed and still had some exhaust soot on the underside of the LED turn signal lenses. I will say that although the heat deflectors look like a nice insurance piece, they are probably not necessary. The OEM mufflers don't stick out that much and plenty of air circulates which should keep temps down. I'm looking into aftermarket slip-ons and the Austin Racing ones look to be even shorter which may lead me to take the heat deflectors off.

·
Registered
336 Posts
So far so good. No melting.
Going to install my fender eliminator this winter, but just wanted to check and see now that you have had it this way for a while, have you experienced any melting since installing sans deflectors?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Going to install my fender eliminator this winter, but just wanted to check and see now that you have had it this way for a while, have you experienced any melting since installing sans deflectors?

No melting, but it has been cold outside.

I will not be satisfied that the eliminator without shields is safe for the signals until next summer comes.

·
Registered
353 Posts

Update on the effects of removing the evotech heat deflector shields and running ducabike LED signals.

The rubber boot at the inboard portion of the signal is getting slightly discolored either from the soot or from the heat.

I think my next move will be to an integrated tail light with signals built in.

That would eliminate the signals and provide a cleaner look.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Mine should be here from Italo-shop on Wednesday. They originally said that the smoke integrated taillight was a month out. Then I received an email telling me that it was shipped.

Dave

·
Registered
336 Posts
Update on the effects of removing the evotech heat deflector shields and running ducabike LED signals.

The rubber boot at the inboard portion of the signal is getting slightly discolored either from the soot or from the heat.
Damn, that’s disappointing. Guess I will have to install those ugly silver wings...

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
It is a nice unit!! I received it on Wednesday as expected. It came well packaged in a box within a box, with lots of bubble wrap in both boxes. It arrived via UPS Express straight from Germany.

Pulling the light out of the packaging, the smoke wasn't as dark as you (I) might think "dark smoke" would be. For that, I'm actually thankful. In seeing that video again, now that I have mine, it is exactly the same, smoked, but not black.

Unfortunately, I did not get any pics or start the installation yet as I just did not have any time. I will get some pics this weekend and hopefully install it as well. If not, it will all happen next week. I promise to post up everything. I will say though, that the quality, as I see it so far, is top notch and well worth the price. There was zero hassle with ordering from the German site using the English button to translate the pages, payment via PayPal made money conversion a breeze, and I received A TON of emails from the first moment I registered on the site right up until I received a "Track your package" email from UPS as I watched the truck come down the I-15 into SoCal.

I'll keep you informed but life is busy, so bear with me.

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got today a Termi full system installed on my 950 SP and installed a CNC Racing Taily Tidy at the same time. Needless to say happy with the exhaust, but personally very happy with the Tail Tidy in terms of looks and quality. Based on a 100km ride, don't expect any issues with the indicators or license plate in terms of heat etc.. If anyone is interested, I purchased the following parts from www.cncracing.com:
1. Adjustable license plate (PT151B)
2. Indicators (ID017B)
3. Led indicators Resistor Kit (RS010B)

This is for Italian license plate but based on their website I think they can make a tail tidy for other countries as well. Apologies for the bad pictures...

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like a really nice unit!

I've had mine installed a couple of months ago. Looks fantastic but my friends are telling me it is impossible to see the braking light and the turning lights from behind in daylight and they are telling me to change it since it becomes very dangerous since they cannot see when I'm braking! Already sent a mail to Italo-shop but with no reply for the moment.....really disappointing.....

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I've had mine installed a couple of months ago. Looks fantastic but my friends are telling me it is impossible to see the braking light and the turning lights from behind in daylight and they are telling me to change it since it becomes very dangerous since they cannot see when I'm braking! Already sent a mail to Italo-shop but with no reply for the moment.....really disappointing.....
Mine too. I just don't brake anymore, problem solved

Dave

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
That's cool. I haven't forgot about you Marco. I was planning on taking the bike outside to wash it tomorrow and get you a video.

Let me know what you get and how it works out.

Dave

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

41 - 59 of 59 Posts