Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with the NRC kit. I like the look of it. The license plate location grew on me and it seems its legal in my state. It was fairly easy to install although the provided pics / instructions could have been better. I ended up having to trim back the chain guard; the instructions suggested you wouldn't have to with the SP chain guard but there was definitely not enough room to keep it ...

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
I should have my Evotech Performance ail Tidy within the next few days. That's a clean enough option for me and I will pair it with the Ducati Performance LED turn signals. I think it will retain a clean factory look. I'll be sure to post some pictures after the install.
Did you install the Evotech kit yet? https://evotech-performance.com/collections/all/products/ep-ducati-hypermotard-950-sp-tail-tidy-2019

I am considering purchasing it and using some low profile rizoma signals to replace stock. The Ducati LEDs look OK as well.

https://configurator.ducati.com/bikes/us/en/hypermotard/hypermotard-950-sp/3503006/?cid=RVRQ960S5DMFAYB

Any pictures of your installed unit?

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Did you install the Evotech kit yet? https://evotech-performance.com/collections/all/products/ep-ducati-hypermotard-950-sp-tail-tidy-2019

I am considering purchasing it and using some low profile rizoma signals to replace stock. The Ducati LEDs look OK as well.

https://configurator.ducati.com/bikes/us/en/hypermotard/hypermotard-950-sp/3503006/?cid=RVRQ960S5DMFAYB

Any pictures of your installed unit?

My exact setup (Evotech Performance w/ DP LED Turn Signals). It looks factory and really cleans it up without looking too out there. Great instruction on the part of Evotech Performance and the DP turn signals are a simple plug and play.

·
Registered
321 Posts
My exact setup (Evotech Performance w/ DP LED Turn Signals). It looks factory and really cleans it up without looking too out there. Great instruction on the part of Evotech Performance and the DP turn signals are a simple plug and play.
Excellent! Can you post some pictures?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Installed the evotech tail tidy on my 950 SP.

Not thrilled with it. Better than stock, but not what I was looking for.

It looks weird to me, especially with the license plate installed. Perhaps I just need a frame around the plate to clean it up?

They should have positioned the plate lower.

The exhaust deflectors are needed but look very odd as well. They could be eliminated completely if the tail light was also an integrated turn signal unit

The LED signals look much better than stock. Installed stock signals for now.

Maybe some really low profile Rizoma signals would look even better? If they are small enough perhaps the exhaust deflector can be removed?

Perhaps adding the NRC signals Ducati Hypermotard 950 Rear Turn Signals and removing the exhaust deflector on the Evotechs would do the trick?

It looks like the NRC signals for the 950 ismounted on a metal plate wraps around and under the seat, likely bolting in place of the existing fender. Seems unlikely, but It may work together with the evotech if the plate is thin enough .

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
OK I finished my NRC/Evotech frankenstein tail tidy. I was hoping to just use the Evotech, but with the full Termi there is no room for the right turn signal even with the smaller LED Ducati Signals. I used the NRC turn signal bar and drilled a couple of holes and bolted it to the top of the main Evotech mount. The OEM license plate light bolts nicely to the Evotech mount. So I used the NRC turn signal bar, the main Evotech mounting bracket, and the OEM license plate light which the Evotech mount is designed to use. The main issue was routing the wires so that the OEM under tail plastic cover would fit properly. I probably would not recommend going this route as it is pricey. Better to wait for NRC to come out with a kit for the 950. Anyway, my project came out looking pretty clean./Users/dflowers/Desktop/IMG_0557.jpeg

Are the signals bright enough?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finished Tail Tidy

Finished my tail tidy today - very pleased with the result. Number plate below the exhausts although I did fit a sheet of Aluminium behind the number plate - just in case of heat. Rizoma indicators superb, very bright. Decided to change the number plate light for two round LED lights - much better.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Finished my tail tidy today - very pleased with the result. Number plate below the exhausts although I did fit a sheet of Aluminium behind the number plate - just in case of heat. Rizoma indicators superb, very bright. Decided to change the number plate light for two round LED lights - much better.

Who makes this tail tidy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
How and where from....

The 'Tail Tidy' or licence plate holder (as described on e-bay) was made by Protech and sold by kama bike parts Germany. Bargain price of £102!
This was obviously heavily modified as described previously.
Indicators were from Rizoma the 'style' was Corsa at £59 each +connectors.
Number plate lights were from Amazon, sold by 'Amazenar' - £8.39 for the pair!
The original Tail wiring loom was reduced in length by about 4 inches to make look more tidy.
Also I had to drill a 10mm hole through the plastic cover under the mudguard to allow the wiring loom to come out.
Think that covers it all and makes sense?!

·
Registered
321 Posts
here you go...I apologize if some of the pictures are rotated. I tried to fix but looks like it's not gonna cooperate with me today :)
I picked up a set of the LED signals to use with the evotech tail tidy on the 950 SP. MUCH better look.

I think the ugly exhaust deflector plates on the evotech can be removed with the LED's installed. I will try and report back if any melting occurs. FWIW the stock rear signals contact the exhaust deflector plates and get melted. LED's are a must with the evotech.

Unrelated. I am so disoriented by the new forum format that I hesitate to post anything anymore. More practice needed. Definitely not a user interface improvement IMHO.

·
Registered
321 Posts
With the LED signals, the evotech heat deflector plates do not seem to be needed, and it is a much cleaner look. Road test to follow.

IMG_1945.jpg
IMG_1947.jpg
Inkedwith plate no deflector_LI.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
21 - 40 of 42 Posts