Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

701 - 713 of 713 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Luke, what is the change to your fuel economy with the SC exhaust and Rapid Bike EVO?
Unfortunately due to a late winter storm I've only been able to put 250ish km's on the bike since I installed the pipe & rapidbike evo. I just received my MWR air filter and Power up kit after a 6 week wait. I'll be installing them and putting insurance on the bike in the next couple days.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I haven't, but after a short stint with the Hotbodies MGP exhaust, I went with the Akrapovic and am very happy with it. It's not cheap at ~$700 but it looks good, is lighter than the stubby MGP and sounds way better while being quieter as well.

Good luck on your search,
Dave

·
Registered
69 Posts
I haven't, but after a short stint with the Hotbodies MGP exhaust, I went with the Akrapovic and am very happy with it. It's not cheap at ~$700 but it looks good, is lighter than the stubby MGP and sounds way better while being quieter as well.

Good luck on your search,
Dave View attachment 985120 View attachment 985121
I have the MGP on mine. You say the Akra is lighter and you like the sound better? Is it still reasonably loud? I actually like the MGP but damn...I need earplugs in my helmet. I don't think it's primarily the volume, I think it's more of where it comes out of. The MGP is at an angle that really resonates in my right ear even with my helmet on.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I have the MGP on mine. You say the Akra is lighter and you like the sound better? Is it still reasonably loud? I actually like the MGP but damn...I need earplugs in my helmet. I don't think it's primarily the volume, I think it's more of where it comes out of. The MGP is at an angle that really resonates in my right ear even with my helmet on.
To me, the MGP was sharp, and at times raspy. It didn't help that at the time the bike was running very poorly in closed loop mode. I have since made some changes to fix the running issues but I would still not go back to that pipe.

To finally answer your question, I wouldn't have thought that the "big" Akro was lighter than the "little" MGP, but it was, and noticeably even when holding both in your hands. I have also deleted the exhaust valve so yes, the Akro sounds like the traditional Ducati thump thump sound and I don't need ear plugs when riding, like I did with the MGP. I think you'll like it and definitely appreciate it over the MGP for sure.

That said, I have my MGP for sale with a DB killer if anyone wants it.

Dave

·
Registered
69 Posts
To me, the MGP was sharp, and at times raspy. It didn't help that at the time the bike was running very poorly in closed loop mode. I have since made some changes to fix the running issues but I would still not go back to that pipe.

To finally answer your question, I wouldn't have thought that the "big" Akro was lighter than the "little" MGP, but it was, and noticeably even when holding both in your hands. I have also deleted the exhaust valve so yes, the Akro sounds like the traditional Ducati thump thump sound and I don't need ear plugs when riding, like I did with the MGP. I think you'll like it and definitely appreciate it over the MGP for sure.

That said, I have my MGP for sale with a DB killer if anyone wants it.

Dave
Wow...that is certainly counter intuitive but you've definitely peaked my interest!

Are you using a Rapid Bike?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Wow...that is certainly counter intuitive but you've definitely peaked my interest!

Are you using a Rapid Bike?
Actually, no. All I did to make the difference so far was to eliminate the Exhaust Valve with a Duc.ee plug-in, that helped, but not enough.

On the way home from a ride, I stopped and disconnected the vacuum line that goes from the Evap Cannister to the throttle bodies. At the time, I just disconnected it and let it hang there.. The bike was already hot from riding it, and I can assume that the electrically operated valve in that line works when the bike is cold, as it caused no problems. In fact, the bike ran night and day better after unplugging. I did some research though and realized that if/when that electric valve in the vacuum line opened up, presumably while the bike was cold and already starving a bit for fuel, that it would cause a bad lean condition, dumping cool ambient fresh air into the throttle bodies. So I plugged the vacuum line with a screw. I did, however, leave the nipple on top of the Evap Cannister open, as I don't think it will effect anything negatively.

I have a RapidBike Easy coming from Italy. The only run issues that I'm having still is at around 6,000 RPM. Presumably that is where the ECU goes from closed loop to open loop on mild throttle. It isn't an issue on aggressive throttle, only while cruising if I happen to be around that RPM. I'm hoping that the minimally invasive RB Easy will fix that issue, then all will be well.

Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
Curious if anyone with a 950 has tried the Akrapovic slip on's. Trying to decide between the following
-Arka Slip on's, arrow mid, rexxer flash (1st choice)
-Termi Slip on's, arrow mid, upmap or rexxer flash (2nd choice)
-SC Project S1, SC project mid, rexxer flash (3rd choice)
-SC project S1, arrow mid, rexxer flash (tied for 2nd)

I'm sure the advertised HP graph is subjective, but looking at the advertisements it looks like the Arka adds a bit up top, and the termi and SC project are through the entire range. Akra is probably my first choice both because of cost, experience on other bikes, and feedback from the tuner, but it's not my favorite look. I think termi and SC look the best, but the SC looks loud and both are considerably more expense. I like a good exhaust note, not over the top. Any advice?

701 - 713 of 713 Posts