Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

681 - 700 of 705 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
"Ace" Exhaust?

Hello Hyper Duc Fans!
I recently purchased a 2008 Hypermotard 1100S. I was able to ride it about a whole 200 miles before the snow came, and I had to park it in a friends garage for the winter. While it was there, he got tired of looking at the stock exhaust and started looking for a full Termi system for me, but came across another option on E-Bay. the E-bay seller advised it was an OEM system off a 2010 Hyper EVO. After receiving it and cleaning it up, the only Identifying marks on it were stamped on the can "Ace". Looks to be Titanium pipes. Mounted up PERFECTLY will all the hanger points. Sounds amazing, and does not appear to require re mapping. We couldn't find anything online, So I look to your collective Expert opinion. What do you think it is?? How do you think it looks??
Cheers!!
Swells

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello Hyper Duc Fans!
I recently purchased a 2008 Hypermotard 1100S. I was able to ride it about a whole 200 miles before the snow came, and I had to park it in a friends garage for the winter. While it was there, he got tired of looking at the stock exhaust and started looking for a full Termi system for me, but came across another option on E-Bay. the E-bay seller advised it was an OEM system off a 2010 Hyper EVO. After receiving it and cleaning it up, the only Identifying marks on it were stamped on the can "Ace". Looks to be Titanium pipes. Mounted up PERFECTLY will all the hanger points. Sounds amazing, and does not appear to require re mapping. We couldn't find anything online, So I look to your collective Expert opinion. What do you think it is?? How do you think it looks??
Cheers!!
Swells
Negative on this being an OEM system or upgrade. The only OEM upgrades were Termignoni and they came in two kits, a dual slip-on to replace the factory under seat pipe, and high mount exhaust that was fited to the right side of the bike. Both kits are clearly stamped Termignoni on the exhaust. What you have is an aftermarket unit, it wasn't very popular and I don't recall the brand. If it runs great you're lucky because most 1100's run lean after replacing the cat and OEM exhaust. Check to see if you're air filter box has a hole in it like the Ducati Performance air filter cover, if not, do the mod it will add 3-5 HP. Then get your ECU tuned and feel the difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I bought a new 2017 hypermotard 939 last summer. I managed to put around 3000km on it before my insurance ran out in the fall. A couple weeks ago I ordered a SC Project S1 silencer and midpipe. I pulled the stock can off and removed the bracket & cable for the flapper along with the 2 springs connecting the midpipe to the headers. Here is the problem. I'm having a hell of a time getting the midpipe off the headers. It seems like it's seized on there rock solid. I've pried it, hammered it, asked it nicely..... Nothing seems to be helping. I'd like to avoid damaging it if it's possible. Any suggestions?
I'm going to pick up some penetrating oil and a small torch tomorrow. Hopefully I can heat up the outer pipe and get a little wiggle out of the inner one.
Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
Have you loosened the nuts holding the header pipe to the head? I would do that first to see if it frees it up. If that doesn't work put a hose clamp around each of the down pipes and use a hammer/bar to tap on the clamp screw. Penetrating oil, not WD 40, left overnight should help you avoid using the torch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No, I haven't loosened the nuts attaching the headers to the heads. I'll give that a try tho. I like that hose clamp idea. I'll pick some of those up today and try that too. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I got the mid pipe off. I ended up soaking some penetrating oil for about 24 hours after heating it up with a torch a bit. Then today I took the heat shield off and torched it a bit more wiggled it and it came off. I already have the new pipe installed. I warmed it up and listened to it. It was glorious.
And shoots flames!

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
So I got the mid pipe off. I ended up soaking some penetrating oil for about 24 hours after heating it up with a torch a bit. Then today I took the heat shield off and torched it a bit more wiggled it and it came off. I already have the new pipe installed. I warmed it up and listened to it. It was glorious.
And shoots flames!
Best looking low exhaust I have seen and the mid pipe makes it look OEM. What did you do about the fuel mapping? Any issues running with stock setup?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Termignoni slip-on installation manual

Hi !

Does anyone have the installation manual/instructions/pictures for Hypermotard 1100 Termignoni underseat slip on muffler ?
Mine has it already installed by previous owner but obviously he wasn`t really a DIY-guy and i`m just wondering is it somehow wrongly installed or is it the Termignoni quality. Nothing big, but the cap between rear side fairings and muffler is different on the right and the left side.
Also the left muffler is couple millimeters more behind. There are some washers in strange places etc.

At least the bolts that attach mufflers to "hanger mount" are little bit too long. They almost touch the carbon cores. Hanger has three bolts on both sides. I assume the rear ones are for license plate bracket (?) I assume they can be changed for stainless steel or titanium bolts without worries about galvanic corrosion or bolt fracturing (?) Termignoni should be titanium.

After googling I found out that one plastic piece that came along with the bike is rear mudguard :D I already wondered why didn`t Ducati protect battery/seat/etc. better from dirt but obviously they did.

Thank you for the answers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Best looking low exhaust I have seen and the mid pipe makes it look OEM. What did you do about the fuel mapping? Any issues running with stock setup?
I agree. I really like the SC Project Cr-t but didn't want to deal with how loud it is and the Austin Racing looks great but their midpipe is ugly in my opinion.
The bike fired up and ran immediately after I installed the pipe. No issues other than it shooting some pretty serious flames haha. I never rode it like that so I don't really know how it would perform. I've since installed a Rapidbike Evo and it put an end to the flames. I'm still waiting for my MWR air filter and "Power Up" porting kit.
So I still haven't taken the bike for a ride but I'll be out on it soon!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
796/1100 exhaust differences ?

Does anyone know will 796 exhaust headers fit to 1100 (MY09) ? Pipes look same in the pictures, but is there differences in attachment points, pipe diameter etc ?

Considering to change currently setup (stock headers&Danmoto decat pipe) to better looking setup. Arrow, Zard and Mivv seem to be the options. Any thoughts about their quality differences ?

Leo vince makes headers only for 796.

Still keeping termignoni slip-ons and OEM mid-pipe because full systems are too expensive and include mufflers. I already have termignonis.

·
Registered
56 Posts
all the exhausts i've seen are listed for the 796 and 1100 so i would assume so.
Thanks. Still trying to decide do i order just the Leovince decat and keep the original midpipe and rear exhaust header. Or should i order Arrow. Too bad the bike is already "old model" so Arrow doesn`t list products for it in their website. Can`t be sure does it include midpipe too.

First i thought Zard but there seems to a lot of negative speak of the Zard quality.
Spark is also a option but pretty unknown for me. Zard and Spark include/offer the midpipe too.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thanks. Still trying to decide do i order just the Leovince decat and keep the original midpipe and rear exhaust header. Or should i order Arrow. Too bad the bike is already "old model" so Arrow doesn`t list products for it in their website. Can`t be sure does it include midpipe too.

First i thought Zard but there seems to a lot of negative speak of the Zard quality.
Spark is also a option but pretty unknown for me. Zard and Spark include/offer the midpipe too.
The Leo vince decats are not of the best quality or fit (thats what I have on my 796 and its a pain to get apart and the finish is lacking) I would go with an Arrow specific decat with the full header replacement for your specific model bike, you wont be disappointed. I am going to replace my leo decat with arrows version eventually, save your self the time and hassle, Arrow make great stuff

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Leo vince decats are not of the best quality or fit (thats what I have on my 796 and its a pain to get apart and the finish is lacking) I would go with an Arrow specific decat with the full header replacement for your specific model bike, you wont be disappointed. I am going to replace my leo decat with arrows version eventually, save your self the time and hassle, Arrow make great stuff
Seems like all exhaust manufacturers have a lot of learning in quality.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I agree, especially Termi. But Arrow still makes their stuff strong, with thick welds on good metal. Other manufactures focus on reducing weight, not producing long lasting products. Go with Arrow, my dual shorty arrows with carbon caps are just amazing quality that I expect to hold up for many more years to come . I cant wait to eventually get the matching headers

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree, especially Termi. But Arrow still makes their stuff strong, with thick welds on good metal. Other manufactures focus on reducing weight, not producing long lasting products. Go with Arrow, my dual shorty arrows with carbon caps are just amazing quality that I expect to hold up for many more years to come . I cant wait to eventually get the matching headers
I have Termi slip-on (undertail dual model) and i agree with that. Welding etc. is okay but they arent perfectly aligned. Also the carbon shield on another silencer has turned little bit brown. Full systems are so freaking expensive mostly because of the slip-ons. IMHO best looking slip-on is Zard Penta. It just looks like Hypermotard silencer should have looked straight from the factory.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have no complaints about the SC Project S-1 exhaust that I put on my bike. The welds are a work of art and the attention to detail is incredible. The fitment was very good.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have no complaints about the SC Project S-1 exhaust that I put on my bike. The welds are a work of art and the attention to detail is incredible. The fitment was very good.

I think SC project is definitely higher quality as well. Their old, actual 2 into 2 system for the hyper was bad ass. Would love to hear one with that set up

681 - 700 of 705 Posts