Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

661 - 680 of 713 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey guys. Quick questions for anyone running a high mount setup on an 821/939:

1. How's the heat for a pillion? Uncomfortable?
2. Can you still run Panniers? The Ducati customizer doesn't say anything about having to remove a high mount option to spec the panniers, but would like to be positive.

If anyone could shed any light that would be much appreciated!

·
Tightly Clenched...
961 Posts

2. Can you still run Panniers? The Ducati customizer doesn't say anything about having to remove a high mount option to spec the panniers, but would like to be positive.

Dane, how are you mate? Pretty sure both are negatives for you. I read a comment from one guy saying the pipe was too hot for his pillion and looking at a high Termi here, it says you can't use the panniers, "or with LH pannier after buying bracket part no. 96710041A". (damn good price though! I nearly bought one just to resell it!)

·
Registered
191 Posts

Dane, how are you mate? Pretty sure both are negatives for you. I read a comment from one guy saying the pipe was too hot for his pillion and looking at a high Termi here, it says you can't use the panniers, "or with LH pannier after buying bracket part no. 96710041A". (damn good price though! I nearly bought one just to resell it!)
Hey Pete, long time no speak mate! Hope all is well with you buddy?

Assuming you maybe have a Hyper now?

Thanks for the info. Shame, but figured as much given how much my 748 roasts my legs on a warm day...bugger.

That system is super cheap! Shame the low system is still full clip. Might have to just go for a stocker and buy the full Akra system instead, or find a cheap Termi low system second hand maybe. Really want the ability to utilise panniers and a large point of me buying it is so the wifey can jump on the back.

·
Tightly Clenched...
961 Posts
Hey Pete, long time no speak mate! Hope all is well with you buddy?

Assuming you maybe have a Hyper now?
Can't complain, wouldn't do me any good if I did! Yeah, picked up a 2011 1100 cuppla weekends ago but I came close to buying an 821SP, literally heading to the guys house with money in an envelope when he backed out of the deal, so I had been doing some research.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Can't complain, wouldn't do me any good if I did! Yeah, picked up a 2011 1100 cuppla weekends ago but I came close to buying an 821SP, literally heading to the guys house with money in an envelope when he backed out of the deal, so I had been doing some research.
I'll shoot you a PM mate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, new to the hyper scene. just got a 2016 939.

I saw the sweet looking high mount termis, but realised that they didnt come with a homologated version for the 939 specifically. Anyone know why? Would the 821 homologated termis fit?

Problem with my country is the certification..

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi, new to the hyper scene. just got a 2016 939.

I saw the sweet looking high mount termis, but realised that they didnt come with a homologated version for the 939 specifically. Anyone know why? Would the 821 homologated termis fit?

Problem with my country is the certification..
The pipe will bolt right up, but I assume there will be some issues with the tune key that comes with it. Someone else may be able to confirm.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello just have a question about something I have been wondering for a while.
I got a 939 hyper equipped with a akra slip-on, My question is. If I replace the headers the bike would it change the sound?
Also i don't like how the headers are one color and the link pipe is another.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello just have a question about something I have been wondering for a while.

I got a 939 hyper equipped with a akra slip-on, My question is. If I replace the headers the bike would it change the sound?

Also i don't like how the headers are one color and the link pipe is another.

How long has the akra been on it?

I just bought a slip on for my 939, but my last bike I put slip-ons on and the pipes didn't match at first but over time the link pipe darkened up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
How long has the akra been on it?

I just bought a slip on for my 939, but my last bike I put slip-ons on and the pipes didn't match at first but over time the link pipe darkened up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have them on the bike for more or less 1500km

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have them on the bike for more or less 1500km

Oh ok. I don't recall how long it took my last bikes pipes to match up, or at least get closer in color. Maybe a few months of regular riding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's what it looks like right now. You can really tell the difference in color.
Would it sound the same or different if I go full akro?

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
What is the easiest way to get rid of the catalytic converter and not gain a bunch of noise? If I could just find a link pipe that gets rid of the cat and keep the stock muffler that would be good enough. Most of the aftermarket mufflers are too loud for my taste but if the cat is in the stock muffler that may be my only route.

NC

·
Registered
283 Posts
Loving the Termi full system! Well worth thevtime to install & I got it on Ebay for $1600 with the air box lid, Upmap, & turn signals??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
What is the easiest way to get rid of the catalytic converter and not gain a bunch of noise? If I could just find a link pipe that gets rid of the cat and keep the stock muffler that would be good enough. Most of the aftermarket mufflers are too loud for my taste but if the cat is in the stock muffler that may be my only route.

NC
On the exhausts that we sell you can purchase a db killer that goes in the end cap of the muffler and then you got the looks, the weight savings, deleted the cat and sound wise you are just slightly louder then stock. HYPERMOTARD/HYPERSTRADA 821/939 - Shift-Tech Carbon

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Loving the Termi full system! Well worth thevtime to install & I got it on Ebay for $1600 with the air box lid, Upmap, & turn signals??
How long for the install? I have heard the kit comes with an entirely new airbox but you mention lid which sounds MUCH easier to change out.

NC

·
Registered
92 Posts
Am I reading that right? Spending money to lose HP and torque. I guess you do need a tune to run an aftermarket slipon.

661 - 680 of 713 Posts