Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 705 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2013 SP and I'm curious what choices people have made with exhaust. I have had termi's on all my previous Ducatis but boy they are just crazy expensive. Anyone make anything worth having or just bite the bullet?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Depending on what you have for a workshop, you can always make your own like I did. This is a Dan Moto CF silencer on a modded OEM midpipe, several of the folks on here have done their own systems vs shelling out the big bucks for an off the shelf system. But I think one of the coolest designs is the WaspWorks system that they decided not to produce for sale for the DSC but would be killer on a Hyper, IMHO! One of these days I'm going to cobble a system together, just too many other irons in the fire right now. Oh ya, and the the Guys at WaspWorks are very cool and the Guys at Dan Moto are as well they modded a ZX-12 style can for me with no trouble.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I went with the full Termi despite the obvious rip-off when compared to fine products like the SC Project solution.

For me the ease of going with the Termi and the "up-map" situation were deciding factors.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
49 Posts
High quality by Termignoni. I used to install multiple versions of the Ducati performance when working with ECU Ducati performance.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I went with the full Termi despite the obvious rip-off when compared to fine products like the SC Project solution.

For me the ease of going with the Termi and the "up-map" situation were deciding factors.
The mapping / up map is one of the primary reasons I go with Termi too.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm crossing my fingers for a low mount/catless exhaust to come out... something in the stock location basically but without the exhaust flapper/cat.

Termi is nice... but IDK if it is 2000+ euro nice...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
High quality by Termignoni. I used to install multiple versions of the Ducati performance when working with ECU Ducati performance.
Fuck that shit.
Termignoni is nowhere near "high quality", or your quality standards are pretty damn low.

If it was not for their DP ECU or Up-map only sold in a bundle, nobody would bother buying their products anymore.

Alignement is typical italian wtf, welds on the pipes and cans are often ugly and ungracious. Carbon sleeves are thin and fragile.
Really, $2.800 nice ? clearly not.

On the old Hyper's, you can get any aftermarket exhaust brand bundled with a Microtec ECU for the same price as a Termi slipon kit.
On the new Hyper, I would wait till they find a solution to bypass the up-map key and get a decently price exhaust from SC (or Akra-Arrow later on)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered the full Termis as well, spent more than I care to, but people seem to like them and the map is a bonus

·
Registered
150 Posts
The Termignonis were really bad on the old HM. But the ones for the new HM seem to be a tad better. At least the sleeve is titanium now, not some cheap metal with a carbon cover.

Hard to beat the build quality and workmanship of some aftermarket brands, of which, Akrapovic ranks right up there for me. Hoping they'll make an announcement that they'll whip up something for the new HM! Collected my SP yesterday and man... who can stand a stock pipe!? :eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is the one thing that pisses me off most about Ducati. If I get another pipe other than Termi you can't get the ecu. I may be dated here but there is no tuners e.g. Power Commander that can be used either.

My KTM has the Akra and my 1098 the Termi and I definitely prefer the Akra. However the map is something I'm going to want.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good news from SC Project... I wrote them about having a low mount 2013 Hypermotard exhaust... got a quick reply!

hello, the exhaust in low positions will be available in the next 10 days

kidn regards

TECHNICAL SPONSOR - TECHNICAL SUPPLIER PRAMAC RACING TEAM DUCATI
MotoGPTM
SC-PROJECT EXHAUST ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
ADVANCED GROUP SRL
Viale Lombardia, 10 / H
20081 Cassinetta Lugagnano (MI)
Info-line: (+39) 327-08.744.36
Fax: (+39) 02-36.54.48.88
VAT number 05553060962

Contact mail:
information, requests: [email protected]
orders and evasions orders: [email protected]

·
Registered
251 Posts
I bought my bike and the full Termi exhaust at the same time so I never got to ride it with the stock exhaust who's appearance and sound I didn't much care for. I much prefer the elevated "motard" position.

In reference to the original poster, if you've already sprung for the SP version, you might as well go all the way!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good news from SC Project... I wrote them about having a low mount 2013 Hypermotard exhaust... got a quick reply!
Cool... I wish they will also make a link pipe to get rid of the valve and servo. I'm guessing that it complicates things at that point where the ECU will need a remap.

1 - 20 of 705 Posts