Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,729 Posts
Become a paid member, support this wonderful forum and you can turn the adds off in the user cp without risking downloading an app with spyware to your computer to do it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure about this forum, but most places it is a bannable offense to use adblockers. Just think- how do they afford to sustain the website? It is a continuous expense, not just a one time set up.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,729 Posts

·
comrade moderator
26,798 Posts
You must be joking? Right?
I didn't think he was joking. :p

Not sure about this forum, but most places it is a bannable offense to use adblockers. Just think- how do they afford to sustain the website? It is a continuous expense, not just a one time set up.
Not here. You can adblock all you want. Hell, I'm using one right now!
Truth of the matter is however, once you are a paid member there isn't much to block. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Okay, not seeing how to shut off ads. I'd like this to be faster is all. I have supported most of the advertisers here in one purchase or another. Help?

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Thank you Chuck, much, much better. Would have never guessed that control would be in my details section.

·
Registered
936 Posts
one cool thing about adblock is that it's blocking add in youtube videos. No more waiting before your video start. Same with tv streaming sites.

Works with Chrome or Firefox.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I understand that if this site is to exist we should contribute....the pop-up ads and stripe ads are equally annoying, especially the stripe ads running at the bottom of frame in the picture section.
I would rather be charge a nominal service fee and be done with it....

·
comrade moderator
26,798 Posts
Here's another tip that makes pages load faster and really cleans up the page, probably a good one for you Mobile app users:

Go to your User CP, under Settings and Options click Edit Options...about halfway down the page under Thread Display Options you find a box titled Visible Post Elements.
Un-check the Show Signatures option, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Apply...and enjoy a signature-free Ducati.MS experience. It's almost as good as buying a membership and turning off the ads! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts