Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently removed the exhaust system on my Sport Classic to have the header pipes ceramic coated. After re-installing them the left muffler is lower than the right...it's makin me crazy!
Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the muffler height?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I recently removed the exhaust system on my Sport Classic to have the header pipes ceramic coated. After re-installing them the left muffler is lower than the right...it's makin me crazy!
Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the muffler height?
Twist the cans a bit at the junction to the headers, the bend in the can creates some funky angles. Loosen the black triangles a bit to accommodate the movement then tighten it all up.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Twist the cans a bit at the junction to the headers, the bend in the can creates some funky angles. Loosen the black triangles a bit to accommodate the movement then tighten it all up.
Be careful when you do the left triangle if not on a center stand, the side stand affixes to the same bolt and will come loose.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Would live to see some pics of the ceramic coat job. Are you pleased with the result overall?
Mat

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
703 Posts
Here is the picture I took of mine the day I put them back on after being ceramic coated.

Agreed with the others. You will have to loosen the pipe connections at the mufflers and twist them a little to get the height of the two cans even at the rear. I did it to mine with the pipes loose all the way to the heads and started to tighten things back up once I had the alignment the way I wanted it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts