Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what kind of street mileage people are getting out of the stock Corsa IIIs. I'm a bit over 3700 right now and there's still tread, but not a ton.

Also, unless I'm really missing something, these tires don't have wear bars, do they?

When I do replace them, I'm toying with the idea of 2CTs, which I had on my monster, and really like, but the Pirellis are pretty good too.

·
Bon Vivant
11,229 Posts
Mine were gone by 3400 but I'm kinda hard on tires. 3000 to 3500 is about average for any sportbike tire.
I put 2CT's on mine and so far I like them. the Pirellis were also great tires but the 2ct's are quite a bit less money.

I have BT016 on the 1098 and they are also good tires and even less $$ than the 2ct

·
Registered
736 Posts
I got 2500 miles on my stock tire, but 2,000 of them were on the straight boring roads in Fla.

The manual, p.38, says that in order for the DTC to work properly, you must use the stock tires. I was up in the mountains when the tread in the center got too worn for my comfort (no wear bars) and I found a shop that had Corsa IIIs but they were 190/50. The DTC now lights up a lttle earlier than with the stock 190/55.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I ve had almost 4800 on mine , but then iwas not pushing it very much and the DTC helped. I ve put on Supercorsa pros and there is a huge improvement. Lots of more confidence, flickability and grip. Excellent tires in my book .

·
Registered
736 Posts
I ve had almost 4800 on mine , but then iwas not pushing it very much and the DTC helped. I ve put on Supercorsa pros and there is a huge improvement. Lots of more confidence, flickability and grip. Excellent tires in my book .
A HUGE improvement? I think the stock tires are pretty darn sticky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts